Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming iOS 10.2.1 update to developers, one week after introducing the first iOS 10.2.1 beta and over a week after releasing iOS 10.2, the second major update to the iOS 10 operating system.

Registered developers can download the second iOS 10.2.1 beta from the Apple Developer Center or over-the-air with the proper configuration profile installed.

iOS-10.2.1-beta-800x500.jpg

It isn't known what features are included in iOS 10.2.1, but as a minor 10.2.x update, it appears to focus on bug fixes and performance improvements rather than major outward-facing changes.

No new features were discovered in the first iOS 10.2.1 beta, but we'll update this post if any changes are found in the second beta.

iOS 10.2.1 follows the release of iOS 10.2, a significant update that brought Unicode 9 emoji, a new TV app, Messages Screen Effects, Music improvements, and a whole slew of bug fixes.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of iOS 10.2.1 to Developers

33man

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
My iPad mini 2 was lagging as hell so I pray this update fixes this. But globally I'm satisfied, still wondering what are really in these updates... A Christmas gift? New icon appearing on 24th like the u2 album :)

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
iOS firmware updates every 6 weeks or so will continue until eternity, or when Apple sinks below the waves.
  1. They are always risky
  2. Over time, enough of them will slow down your device to make it unbearable to use
  3. The installations will always be wasting your time as long as you own an iOS device
  4. Either embrace it and download updates forever, or install a tvOS profile and be done with the annoyance forever.

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Release Notes.....
(the endless list of fixes since iOS 10.0.0.0.0.0.1 & the 764 beta's since...?)

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
iOS firmware updates every 6 weeks or so will continue until eternity, or when Apple sinks below the waves.
  1. They are always risky
  2. Over time, enough of them will slow down your device to make it unbearable to use
  3. The installations will always be wasting your time as long as you own an iOS device
  4. Either embrace it and download updates forever, or install a tvOS profile and be done with the annoyance forever.
Wish I could make sense of this post

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Just so I'm up to speed, now the MR hive mind thinks firmware updates are a bad thing? And beta ones, at that.

Right?

Kudos to whoever posted the cute four point diatribe above, it gave me a much needed chuckle.
Yeah, the hell was he rambling on about? Haha. But right, it's kinda odd that people are complaining now about too many BETAS. Years past people begged Apple and paid for their UDID's to get registered so they could try out betas and now that Apple has made them entirely free and opt-in, people are complaining about the number of them. Just wow.
[doublepost=1482261135][/doublepost]
Wish I could make sense of this post
Install tvOS on your iPhone if you don't like all the beta updates that are entirely voluntary and opt-in, duh....

(/s)

Pruus

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2015
  1. They are always risky
It's an option to install an beta. Your option to take part or not. So do not cry now...

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I hope one of those bug fixes includes being able to see your home videos without turning off Wifi. I have that issue with my iPad mini 4. My 6s is fine, well, as fine as that crappy TV app can be in its current form. Anyone found another, more permanent solution to that problem. I tried my support app, but the senior advisor was unable to help me during our chat.

Reactions: eboychik

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
  1. They are always risky
The sun will also come up on a daily basis.

jezbd1997

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
Melbourne - Australia
  1. They are always risky
120% agree these days! Ever since iOS 9 they've become very annoying for me

[doublepost=1482265664][/doublepost]
Please tell me this will stop my 6S shutting off with ~30% battery remaining (and no, my serial number is not eligible for the current repair program :mad:).
Just wish to yourself you didn't update to iOS 10, or try take it in

Last edited by a moderator:

jezbd1997

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
Melbourne - Australia
I am on iOS 10, and extremely glad that I did. Just because you are having some problems does not mean that everyone is. You should get your device looked at.
I replied to someone else's comment...
but actually yes I am having issues with me SE after upgrading, everything is going wrong. Hopefully get my phone replaced and I'm making a complaint about iOS 10 downloading by itself

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.