Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Griffin today announced a new range of Survivor cases designed for Apple's new 10.5-inch iPad Pro, introducing the Survivor Rugged Folio, Survivor Journey Folio, and Survivor Journey.

The Survivor Rugged Folio is the most protective case of the bunch, protecting the new iPad Pro from drops, dings, and scratches. It keeps the iPad safe from drops up to four feet with a polycarbonate exterior and flexible TPU shell that has a stain-resistant Tactical Grip cover.

It includes Griffin's impact dispersion system for additional drop protection, and the frame includes built-in magnets that allows the iPad to be mounted on most magnetic surfaces.

griffinsurvivor-800x497.jpg

Griffin's Journey Survivor Folio is a folio-style case with front and back protection for the iPad. It is also made from a durable polycarbonate material, with a magnetic cover that can fold into a stable stand with multiple viewing and typing angles. It also protects the iPad Pro from drops up to four feet and it can be mounted on magnetic surfaces.

The Survivor Journey is Griffin's simplest and lightest-weight case, offering protection for the rear of the iPad Pro. Like Griffin's other cases, it can survive drops up to four feet, and it also includes magnets at the back of the case so the iPad Pro can be mounted on magnetic surfaces like refrigerators.

All three cases are available today from the Griffin website. The Survivor Journey is priced at $29.99, the Survivor Journey Folio is priced at $59.99, and the Survivor Rugged Folio is priced at $59.99.

Article Link: Griffin Launches New Survivor Cases for 10.5-Inch iPad Pro

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I just want a case that works with the Apple Smart Keyboard! I have no idea why Apple isn't selling one this iteration and it's driving me crazy there are no good third party ones out there, and the ones that do exist from crappy Amazon off-brands have fitting issues. I'm going ton a vacation soon and need to have something figured out by the end of next week. Been monitoring the iPad accessories forum daily.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
I just want a case that works with the Apple Smart Keyboard! I have no idea why Apple isn't selling one this iteration and it's driving me crazy there are no good third party ones out there, and the ones that do exist from crappy Amazon off-brands have fitting issues. I'm going ton a vacation soon and need to have something figured out by the end of next week. Been monitoring the iPad accessories forum daily.
Maybe because they don't want to get the iPad pro too close to the MacBook?

Blackstick

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2014
OH
Love this old SJ story:

My favorite SJ story from my brother while he was working at the Palo Alto Apple Store. Jobs came in with his daughter who had done something to her disk drive on her iMac G4. They came to visit the Genius bar (yes, he made his daughter go to the Genius Bar. She stuck something in her computer to break it so it was her responsibility to get it fixed). As the waited, Steve was perusing the accessory wall and deep in thought blurted out, in front of employees and customers standing around him: "Griffin makes SUCH ****". Then turned around and walked to the Genius bar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.