Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The 32GB model of the newest Apple TV 4K is currently being discounted at Adorama, with the help of a mail-in rebate form. On the site, you can purchase the 32GB Apple TV 4K for its usual price of $179, and then receive $30 through the mail-in rebate, knocking the price down to $149.

appletv4kdesign.jpg

The rebate will be valid on purchases made between October 30 and November 5 while supplies last, and Adorama's mail-in rebate rules state that the form must be postmarked within 30 days of the purchase of the item.

Additionally, proof of purchase requirements include a signed rebate form, original UPC barcode label, original serial number barcode label, and a copy of the invoice/receipt or packing list (your order confirmation email won't be accepted). More details can be found on Adorama's page for the Apple TV right here, by clicking on "Mail-in Rebate" under the price.

amazon-iphone-x-ideas.jpg

In other deals, Amazon recently opened up a new section of its smartphone department, offering those interested a useful glimpse at cases and accessories for the iPhone X and iPhone 8. While not all of the accessories are on sale, there are a few low-priced items, like SUPCASE's $14.24 iPhone X Case and Tech Armor's $7.99 iPhone X Ballistic Glass Screen Protector.

bb-jbl-megaboom.jpg

Also of note is Best Buy's Deal of the Day today: the UE MEGABOOM in "Purpley" for over 50 percent off, bringing the $299.99 bluetooth speaker down to $146.99. More of the latest sales going on this week can be found in our Deals Roundup.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors.

Article Link: 32GB Apple TV 4K Marked Down to $150 With $30 Mail-in Rebate

brian3uk

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2016
I kind of understand the UPC label but the serial number too? What if you have warranty issues and cant even boot to get the serial from the device?

Reactions: Macintoshrumors

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
The last sentence will answer your question:

"MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors."

That may be the case, but is any reputable vendor selling it for $30 off? Obviously not counting the handful of scam sites previously mentioned.

Reactions: woodylarkin

MP39

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2016
Your feedback is all valid. Some good points are made. I will let you all know when I receive mine if anything looks shady. I did inspect a few things and — given a few strange names — they all checked out. I will try to post feedback here so everyone can know for sure. Thanks everyone!

ThatGuyInLa

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2012
SC
AppleTV needs...

VP9 codec support. So we can watch YouTube 4k and HDR. (HUGE CONTENT THERE)

Dolby Atmos support so we can listen as well as watch 4k movies. (Vudu, XB1x, PCs, TVs, Blu-ray players all do it)

And, I know this was announced in the next update but I mention it still, auto video mode change.

I wanted to add I am glad after all this time Apple has FINALLY entered the 4k market with their media player. To paraphrase Tim himself, "We don't do it first. We do it when it can be done the best way." Well, Apple didn't do that. They left A LOT on the table for a 4K HDR media playback device. They need to rectify all this before the Holidays.

Last edited:

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
This articles title is a bit misleading. It makes it sound as though the 4K ATV is marked down to $150 and there is a $30 rebate, making for a net $120 ATV. The fact is, the price isn't "marked down" at all. It's still $179. The title should read 4K Apple TV $150 after rebate.

I wish it was "marked down" to $150 so I could get BB to price match and I could use my rewards!

Reactions: MP39
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.