Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released macOS High Sierra 10.13.2, the second update for the macOS High Sierra operating system available for Apple's Macs. macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 comes a little over a month after the release of macOS High Sierra 10.13.1, the first update to High Sierra.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 can be downloaded directly from the Mac App Store or through the Software Update function in the Mac App Store on all compatible Macs that are already running macOS High Sierra.

macoshighsierra10132-800x450.jpg

No major outward-facing changes were found in macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 during the beta testing period, but according to Apple's release notes, it offers security and feature improvements. The update improves compatibility with third-party USB audio devices, it introduces better VoiceOver navigation when viewing PDF documents in Preview, and it improves the compatibility of Braille displays with Mail.
The macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.

This update:

- Improves compatibility with certain third-party USB audio devices
- Improves VoiceOver navigation when viewing PDF documents in Preview
- Improves compatibility of Braille displays with Mail
For more information on the macOS High Sierra operating system, make sure to check out our dedicated macOS High Sierra roundup.

Article Link: Apple Releases macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 With Compatibility Improvements for Third-Party USB Audio Devices

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
I hope this fixes the problem of "share" within Preview, Quicktime to Photos. Because when I tap "Share" and select "Photos" Nothing happens. Both to my iMac and MacBook Air that I just bought in 2017.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Delayed release suggests the final build of macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 was subjected to additional last minute security testing.

I am hoping infamous December 2, 2017 bug is fixed, which on macOS High Sierra triggers less severe "Month 13 is out of bounds" error every dozen milliseconds or so.

joueboy

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2008
I was looking for USB devices and got excited for a second then saw the audio. I guess Apple has no time fixing external hdd ejecting when my iMac goes to sleep. When I wake-up my Mac there were like over 10 warnings saying I didn’t eject my hard drive properly. SMH!

H.Finch

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2013
-Does it also fix my 10.13.1 from crashing when I open a large png's?
-Does it also fix the image retention on my 3k$ iMac from 2013 which all of the sudden has returned?
-Does it also fix APFS not being able to work with Fusion drives?
-Does it also fix Filefault from being totally sh**ty under 10.13 with fusion drives?

*I’m not one to whine about Apple, like some. I’ve been a huge fan since 2002… But 10.13 is a sh*tshow on my late 2012 iMac.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
How about improvements to the way it handles 3rd party USBC displays mainly the LG Display they've been pushing people to. Right now I can't yet recommend it to other people. It crashes my machine greater than 50% of the time.

Reactions: uwe92

mithion

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2016
Reno, NV
The update clocks in at 1.66GB on my 2013 macbook pro running 10.13.1 which suggests there are more bug/security fixes than the three outlined in the notes.

RoadKill

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2003
LONDON UK
I have a 2012 Mac Mini Server with the stock 2x1TB drives configured for RAID1. macOS sierra supports this configuration but it seems High Sierra 10.13.0 and 10.13.1 do not. The sparse release notes for this version do not indicate that has changed :-(

Reactions: DanBig

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I am hoping infamous December 2, 2017 bug is fixed, which on macOS High Sierra triggers less severe "Month 13 is out of bounds" error every dozen milliseconds or so.
This is not fixed on the first computer I updated.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I was looking for USB devices and got excited for a second then saw the audio. I guess Apple has no time fixing external hdd ejecting when my iMac goes to sleep. When I wake-up my Mac there were like over 10 warnings saying I didn’t eject my hard drive properly. SMH!

Did you file a bug report? Apple may not ever discover it unless you do. http://www.Apple.com/feedback lets you submit them.

ThisBougieLife

Suspended
Jan 21, 2016
Northern California
I use USB audio devices and have never had a problem with them, but no harm in improving the way they work.

Here’s something that bugs me though: opening the lid is supposed to start up my laptop, but sometimes it just doesn’t. I end up having to use the power button, like a caveman. Any fix for this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.