Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 update to developers, one week after seeding the first beta and almost two weeks after releasing macOS High Sierra 10.13.2, the second major update to the macOS High Sierra operating system.

The macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 beta can be downloaded from the Apple Developer Center or through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store with the proper profile installed.

macoshighsierra10133beta-800x464.jpg

It's not yet clear what improvements the third update to macOS High Sierra will bring, but it's likely to include bug fixes and performance improvements for issues that weren't addressed in macOS High Sierra 10.13.2.

No major outward-facing changes were discovered in the first beta of macOS High Sierra 10.13.3, but we'll update this post should new features be found in the second beta.

The previous macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update focused solely on security fixes and performance improvements, with no new features introduced.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 to Developers

atrisk

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2017
Can anyone test if an SMB connection to a windows server when doing a search shows the correct icons and allows the files to be opened? Right now I have a few clients who after doing a search of a windows server get a list with no icons and if you double click on an icon it says it is an alias. Has happened since installing High Sierra, hoping the 10.13.3 update fixes this. 10.12 Macs seem to work fine.

More info here.https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8103236

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
doesn't say anything, just one known issues nothing whats been changed

Exactly. They just played the build-build-increase-the-build game to fool with us.

However, what is it exactly you want from the OS? I want to see iMessage in the Cloud.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Sounds to me like a novice programming off-by-one error, maybe only showing up now because we're in December (should be 12). Have to wonder what Apple's devs are doing these days...

Yeah, no, I more meant what causes it, or if it's just the console constantly spewing out that message or what. I get that it could easily be an OBOB or something like that, but is it something that makes the calendar app crash or what?

Reactions: KeithBN

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
Bring AFPS support for external booting disks and Time Machine disks.

I’m booting an external APFS formatted SSD (in an usb 3.0 enclosure) on my mac mini 2012?

There IS a delay when booting from it (black screen for a little while) but it work.

On what machine is it not working for you?

Edit: Forgot to mention; this is on 10.3.2, not the beta.

Last edited:

TheShadowKnows!

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
National Capital Region
Can anyone test if an SMB connection to a windows server when doing a search shows the correct icons and allows the files to be opened? Right now I have a few clients who after doing a search of a windows server get a list with no icons and if you double click on an icon it says it is an alias. Has happened since installing High Sierra, hoping the 10.13.3 update fixes this. 10.12 Macs seem to work fine.

AtRisk. I am experiencing an all-new problem with the SMB protocol under 10.13.2. (Not like yours, but a grating SMB bug nevertheless.)

1. The SMB client cannot create new directories on the target Windows 10 file system. This is all-new behavior, as it used to work before -- it is not, definitely, an access-rights issue.

2. All other SMB operations work properly, including listing file directory contents with appropriate icons. (I am not experiencing the bug you mention, but that is not to say that your clients are "doing it wrong".)

3. On the positive side, finally!, 10.13.2 fixed a truly-obnoxious bug:
Parallels 10 and 11 Desktop for Macs, would experience video artifacts -- like curtains -- when Windows, in full screen display mode, would be corrupted every time when panned in from a Finder window. (This bug was afflicting most, if not all, rMBPs with NVIDIA dGPUs, in different ways under different software, and was fixed only by 10.11.2.)

Other than that -- aces. /s

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014

No, still happens. I briefly see the correct icons, then they all get replaced by generic ones. Double-clicking leads to an alias error.
[doublepost=1513629810][/doublepost]
How about month 13 out of bounds in console, has that been fixed?

Apparently not seeing those any more.

Exactly. They just played the build-build-increase-the-build game to fool with us.

However, what is it exactly you want from the OS? I want to see iMessage in the Cloud.

These betas aren't really mainly for new features, though. They're to test reliability.
[doublepost=1513630030][/doublepost]
Yeah, no, I more meant what causes it, or if it's just the console constantly spewing out that message or what. I get that it could easily be an OBOB or something like that, but is it something that makes the calendar app crash or what?

No. It does, however, appear to be the cause of the bug earlier in December where iOS devices with a local notification would get into a crash loop.

For macOS, if I'm not mistaken, no actual adverse effect has been found.

Reactions: celaurie

ceparker27

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2015
Hopefully this will continue to stabilize battery usage. 10.13.2 has been murderous on my battery and I can't figure out why, as I haven't done anything else differently on my laptop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.