21.5" BenQ M2200HD LCD Monitor - glossy or matt - work with Intel Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MacAloud, Jan 12, 2009.

1. MacAloud macrumors newbie

Has anyone got a 21.5" BenQ M2200HD 1080P LCD Monitor? Does it have a glossy or matt screen and is it Mac compatible?

I've asked BenQ directly about the screen finish but received no reply, their local service centre don't know either. No reviewers or sellers I've contacted have an answer and all the specs on BenQ and seller sites only say it has a white glossy frame/bezel - but no information on the actual screen finish. And alas, no info on Mac compatibility!

Can anybody help?:confused:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I can't help you with the screen finish, but all DVI/VGA monitors are Mac compatible.

3. MacAloud thread starter macrumors newbie

BenQ E2200HD or the Viewsonic VX2260WM?

I've just heard from the allmacshop and PC Advisor that it has a matt screen and that it's most likely compatible with Macs.

(PS I'll probably get the E2200HD for service&support as BenQ got back to me saying they don't sell the M2200HD in here even though 1 company does advertise it and also, they (BenQ) still didn't answer my original matt/glossy question. 'YAY' to the UK companies above who could answer this!)

Now, the next question is - which is better the BenQ E2200HD or the Viewsonic VX2260WM? Both have similar specs including 1920x1080 natural resolution - any help would be appreciated:rolleyes:

4. MacAloud thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks BlueRevolution for that info - AWESOME! :D