21 vs 23 inch monitor with Macbook Air

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andreydzung, Jul 4, 2013.

1. andreydzung macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm buying an external monitor for macbook Air, and deciding between HP Pavilion 21.5 or 23 inch monitor. I'll use the external monitor parallel with the MacbookAir screen (the Air screen to read pdfs, surf, and the monitor would be for coding). The main use would be sitting close to the monitor and for reading. Watching video/TV from further would be the second use.

Which one would be better? I feel 21.5 inch is the right size, since it would have a similar ppi with the macbook air screen, and I wouldn't have to "break my neck" when using bigger monitors. On the other hand, I see a lot of good reviews for the 23inch one. Which one should I choose?

P/S: Happy July 4th everyone!

2. dutchah macrumors newbie

Both are fairly doable. I'm currently typing this from my MBA hooked up to a 23 inch monitor and I've worked plenty with a 21.5 inch iMac. I'd say it's all up to personal preference and maybe desk space that you need to consider.
    And if you're planning to watch video, the extra space can't hurt. If it's in your budget and the price difference isn't too great, I'd say go for the 23 inch though.