Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Feral has announced that the iPhone version of ROME: Total War will be released on August 23. The acclaimed historical strategy game made its way to iPad in November 2016, and has since been redesigned for an even more mobile experience.

Rome-Total-War-iphone.jpg
ROME: Total War on iPhone
ROME: Total War seamlessly blends conquest and politics on a massive scale as it challenges players to build and rule the ancient world's greatest empire over three hundred years, from the late Roman Republic to the early Roman Empire. Players will deploy strategy and tactics in spectacular real-time battles, and use diplomacy, subterfuge and assassination to smooth the path to ultimate victory in huge turn-based campaigns.
The upcoming version includes a suite of features tailored specifically for iPhone, from a redesigned user interface to enhanced touch controls. Feral says the game will make full use of the latest version of Apple's Metal API for improved performance, enhanced graphics, and reduced battery usage.

ROME: Total War will require an iPhone 5S or later, iOS 11, and 4GB of free space to install. The full list of supported iPhones is below:[*]iPhone 8 plus
[*]iPhone 7 plus
[*]iPhone 6s plus
[*]iPhone 6 plus
[*]iPhone X
[*]iPhone 8
[*]iPhone 7
[*]iPhone 6
[*]iPhone 6s
[*]iPhone SE
[*]iPhone 5s
[*]iPod Touch (6th generation) ROME: Total War for iPhone will be available from the App Store for $9.99 as a universal app. That means anyone who previously purchased the game on iPad will be able to install it on their iPhone at no additional cost, and transfer across any existing save files.

Article Link: Classic Strategy Game 'Rome: Total War' Coming to iPhone on August 23

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Oh crap I’m gonna lose so much time. I nearly bought an iPad just to run this. Now I can hold off and play it on the phone.

So excited.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Interesting. Macrumors should review this game when it’s launched on iPhone.

vseera

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2011
I bought it ages ago when it was launched for the iPad. I was looking for news about the iPhone version just yesterday, so this couldn’t have come at any better time.

Looking forward to it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.