Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Update: Feral Interactive today announced that all five episodes of "Life is Strange 2" will be released on macOS and Linux on December 19. A trailer is below.

Feral today announced that the adventure game Life is Strange 2 will be coming to macOS and Linux platforms in 2019. The first episode of Life is Strange 2 was just released on September 27 for Windows PC, PS4, and Xbox One, and four more episodes will be out in the next few months.

Feral's port on macOS and Linux is expected to be the full game with all episodes, similar to company's work on the port for Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Life is Strange 2 is the second main entry in the series (following the original 2015 game) and follows brothers Sean and Daniel Diaz as they go on the run to Mexico after a mysterious supernatural incident in their hometown of Seattle.

Similar to the other games in the franchise, the sequel will force players to make difficult decisions throughout the adventure, leading to different story branches and even changing the way that lead character Daniel behaves. Although it is a sequel to Life is Strange, Life is Strange 2 features new characters and a different setting than the 2015 game.
Feral Interactive today announced that Life is Strange 2, the next instalment in the much loved narrative adventure series, is coming to macOS and Linux in 2019. Originally developed by DONTNOD Entertainment and published by Square Enix on Windows and console, this is the much-anticipated sequel to 2015's BAFTA Award-winning Life is Strange.

After a tragic and mysterious incident in Seattle, brothers Sean and Daniel Diaz run away from home and head for Mexico. Life on the road is tough, and responsibility for his much younger brother soon brings Sean to the realisation that the decisions he makes on their journey south will impact their lives forever...
A specific release date in 2019 was not given by Feral. As a comparison, the publisher's port of Life is Strange: Before the Storm launched in September 2018, 13 months after it arrived on console and PC in August 2017. The first game is also available to play on iOS.

Article Link: 'Life is Strange 2' is Coming to macOS on December 19

Last edited:
Reactions: shurcooL

ricmcgmr

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2015
It certainly sucks to have to wait but if it wasn't for Feral most of the high-profile Mac games we get every year wouldn't exist. So keep it up Feral, better a few months late than never! ;)

At least that gives us more time to finish Life is Storm: Before the Storm.

kirk.vino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2017
The article is inaccurate! The first chapter of this game was released at the beginning of the year, not in September. They just released the final chapter last month.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Really unique game. I played the first one, I’ve never ventured onto the second one yet. It’s very ‘story driven’, but it’s one of those games that allows you to choose your own path with different various outcomes for what the end result will be for the characters. It’s a really small development team that put this project together, but they did a good job.

Bandaman

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2019
The article is inaccurate! The first chapter of this game was released at the beginning of the year, not in September. They just released the final chapter last month.
This article is over a year old and reposted as new.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
I wonder if Life Is Strange 3 will have straight characters as main protagonists, since the first and second game featured lesbian and gay characters as the main protagonists.

But regardless, Life Is Strange 1 was entertaining for me, Life Is Strange 2 looked kinda boring, ended up forgetting about it.

Appleman3546

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2019
I am surprised that it has not come out on the switch, which by now has 50 million units sold. Instead, they put it on Mac hardware which has far less engagement from gamers...

Ener Ji

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2010
I just wanna play Witcher 3 on my Mac :(

You can play it now on Mac via Geforce Now (streaming service), apparently. Haven't tested it myself. I imagine it will also be available on more streaming services next year (xCloud, Stadia, maybe PSNow if they add Mac support.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.