Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Tapbots today updated popular iOS Twitter client Tweetbot to version 5.0.5, adding support for Apple's newly announced iPad Pro models.

On the new 11 and 12.9-inch iPad Pros, the updated Tweetbot app will no longer display black bars at the top and bottom, as demonstrated in the screenshot below.

tweetbotipadproupdate.jpg

It's a much nicer viewing experience on Apple's newest tablets, with Tweetbot able to take advantage of the full edge-to-edge display.

Tweetbot for Mac was also recently updated, with Tapbots introducing an option to match the theme to the operating system setting on Mojave, turning on the darker theme automatically when Dark Mode is activated. Also new is GIF support in the compose window for the Mac version of the Tweetbot app.

Tweetbot for iOS can be downloaded from the App Store for $4.99. [Direct Link]

Tweetbot for Mac can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for $9.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Tweetbot for iOS Gains Support for New 11 and 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Models

Bustycat

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2015
New Taipei, Taiwan
Still using the latest version of Tweetbot for macOS, iPad and iPhone! I only use the official Twitter app when I need to toggle some functions such as posting tweets as sensitive contents.

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Well, that finally justifies the $1500 what’s-a-computer experience!

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This app remains astoundingly useful, despite Twitter's shenanigans.

Hmmm. With so many features removed from ALL twitter focused apps, I can’t see how Mark Jardin (despite is great UI and coding skills) can justify the same pricing model as before features where removed. Just doesn’t seem right; then again I’m not a heavy twitter user.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
The official Twitter app for iPad is so ugly that I'm still using Tweetbot on the iPad despite it being castrated.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

peterinjapan

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2016
Will the crash-on-tweet bug be fixed? For me, Tweetbox crashes 60% of the time when I go to send a tweet. The company cannot find a fix.

peterinjapan

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2016
Yes, it's a weird one they can't find the source for. But it happens to me, and reinstalling doesn't fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.