Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with PhoneSoap to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a PhoneSoap 3 Smartphone UV Sanitizer.

phonesoapgoldopen-800x533.jpg

As the name suggests, the PhoneSoap is designed to eliminate all of the nasty germs on your iPhone using a UV light. Most of us take our phones everywhere, including places rich with bacteria and other little microbes.

phonesoaplightsilver.jpg

PhoneSoap says that its UV sanitizer kills 99.99 percent of all germs, and in addition to working on your iPhone, it will sanitize anything that fits inside. It's even able to kill cold and flu viruses.

iphonebacteria.jpg

All you need to do is open up the PhoneSoap, tuck your iPhone inside, and leave it there at night or for just a few minutes at a time. It doesn't take long to eliminate germs with a UV light, and the PhoneSoap will shut off automatically after 10 minutes so you don't need to worry about overheating or damage to your devices.

phonesoapblack-800x481.jpg

There are UV lightbulbs on both the top and bottom of the PhoneSoap to sanitize both sides of an iPhone at once, and the design is meant to get the light to tiny crevices that liquids don't reach.

phonesoapteal-800x559.jpg

The PhoneSoap, priced at $60, is multipurpose, so while it's sanitizing your phone with UV light, it can also charge it thanks to two ports (USB-C and USB-A) on the side. It is big enough to fit all iPhone models, and it also works with credit cards, keys, money, and more.

We have 10 of the PhoneSoaps to give away to MacRumors readers. To enter to win our giveaway, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winners and send the prizes. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, following us on Instagram, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years or older and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (February 1) at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on February 8 The winners will be chosen randomly on February 8 and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before new winners are chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a UV iPhone Sanitizer From PhoneSoap

Last edited:

Unity451

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
California
I was gifted one of these and didn't use it once. You can't convince me that sanitizing your phone does anything legitimate other than helping ease your mind by the fact you take your phone into the bathroom with you. Unless you wear gloves whenever you handle money or thoroughly sanitize your hands after using the ketchup on the table in a public restaurant before grabbing a fry with your bare hands... this product does very little of significance.

Not to mention the fact that it's ENORMOUS! You've got to have some night stand to accommodate that monstrosity.

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
I have colored sanitizing wipes that only only “sanitize” my phone but will also remove any gunk. Plus it’s cheaper and don’t have to worry about replacing the UV bulb.

Reactions: TXAppleUser

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I was gifted one of these and didn't use it once. You can't convince me that sanitizing your phone does anything legitimate other than helping ease your mind by the fact you take your phone into the bathroom with you. Unless you wear gloves whenever you handle money or thoroughly sanitize your hands after using the ketchup on the table in a public restaurant before grabbing a fry with your bare hands... this product does very little of significance.

Not to mention the fact that it's ENORMOUS! You've got to have some night stand to accommodate that monstrosity.
Not to mention you can just use Lysol wipes, they’re safe to use on phones and probably more effective.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
giphy-downsized.gif

Insanity, what's wrong with bugs, there's a reason there's a lot more Astma than there use to be, also, there are billions of creatures living inside your intestines which is good, and billions if not trillions in the rest of your body.

And by sanitising your phone doesn't really help, open a door somewhere in for instance a mall which just has been touched by a person with the flu might get you sick easier than your own phone.
Heck, one of the dirtiest electronics is most likely in front of you now, your keyboard, or a computer keyboard at your job.

Last edited:

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I have one of these too that was a gift. I use it when I see an article about it but forget between. I wonder if my phone with battery case would even fit now.

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
"You can't convince me", "what's wrong with bacteria" and "other places are much worse"? Yes, but there is a reason you should wash your hands a few times a day. I do it when I arrive at work after commuting by subway, before I eat at a diner or when I get back home because all those places are full of germs. Especially at winter. And not knowing the difference between the harmless bacteria living inside your guts helping you digest your food and the aggressive bacteria making you sick is LOL worthy.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I have colored sanitizing wipes that only only “sanitize” my phone but will also remove any gunk. Plus it’s cheaper and don’t have to worry about replacing the UV bulb.

Not to mention you can just use Lysol wipes, they’re safe to use on phones and probably more effective.

Be careful about using harsh chemicals on the screen. The screen has certain anti-reflective and anti-smudge coatings that can be slowly dissolved by strong solvents (like rubbing alcohol). Using it once or twice is fine, but if you make a habit of cleaning your phone often with solvents, those coatings will wear away.

I put a tiny drop of dish soap onto a wrung-out wet cloth and just give the phone good wipe down every once in a while, then using a dry cloth to dry it off.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Please raise awareness for our unnecessary crapware with some free giveaways.
Seriously. The manufacture of every useless piece of crap like this comes with a carbon pricetag, and this will most definitely end up in a landfill sooner or later (probably sooner). Worth it when you can just you know, wipe off your g-d phone?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
"You can't convince me", "what's wrong with bacteria" and "other places are much worse"? Yes, but there is a reason you should wash your hands a few times a day. I do it when I arrive at work after commuting by subway, before I eat at a diner or when I get back home because all those places are full of germs. Especially at winter. And not knowing the difference between the harmless bacteria living inside your guts helping you digest your food and the aggressive bacteria making you sick is LOL worthy.

I do too, fact is getting into contact with germs especially in early childhood is good for your immune system, doing sports does do wonders as well, I rarely get the flu, reasons might be, I played outside when I was young, cycled to and from my job daily (20Km up return) and been around the world where sanitation is lacking.

Unity451

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
California
I think you should get one.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
I wash mine every few weeks with soap and water. Everything is perfect as it has been since the iPhone 7.

Useless product, sorry.

Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.