Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Google-owned mapping app Waze was today updated with support for the Siri Shortcuts feature that Apple introduced in iOS 12.

With Siri Shortcuts in Waze, you can record shortcuts for your drive home, drive to work, favorite locations, and more, all of which can be activated with a simple Siri voice command.

wazesirishortcuts-800x775.jpg

Waze is a popular Apple Maps alternative on iOS devices as it is known for its accurate traffic and hazard alerts, along with time-saving routing changes.

Siri Shortcuts for Waze can be set up by opening up the Settings app on the iPhone, navigating to "Siri & Search," and tapping the "Shortcuts" button. From there, either scroll down to the Waze section or search for Waze.

You will need to have your home, work, and favorite locations set up within the Waze app for those options to show up.

Waze can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

(Thanks, Shawn!)

Article Link: Waze App for iOS Gains Siri Shortcuts Support

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
Favourites not showing for me. Running latest Waze beta. Only home and work.

hagar

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2008
Siri shortcuts = apple’s way of giving up on Siri. Instead making her more intelligent we can now use pre-recorded sentences. Can’t wait to memorise them all.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Way too many ads + Google getting all my data. No thanks

I agree with the sentiment, but the problem is Waze is just so much more useful than other mapping apps. Plus, on iOS, you're only sending data when you've actually got Waze running - and that aggregate data (yours + all the other active users at that moment in time) is what makes Waze useful in the first place.

Most of the time I commute on transit - but, when I do need to drive, I rely on Waze.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
How are you guys able to remember all these short cuts of different apps? I have given up. It is hard enough to remember what to say to get my Hue lights set to a specific scenery

MSDeMott

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2016
Boston
Same here.

Here's how to set that up:
  1. Open Waze on your iPhone.
  2. Tap the search button on the bottom-left.
  3. Choose the Settings button on the top-left of the app.
  4. Select "Voice and sound."
  5. Choose "Siri Shortcuts."
  6. You have several options for navigation, including voice controls.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.