Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Former Apple CEO and co-founder Steve Jobs was born on February 24, 1955, and if he were still alive, today would mark his 64th birthday.

Jobs not only founded Apple alongside Steve Wozniak in 1976 and directed the development of some of the first personal computers, but he also brought Apple back from the brink of failure even after being ousted from the company he created.

In the 2000-2010s, Jobs was responsible for not only saving Apple, but then building it into one of the largest companies in the world. The introduction of the iPod in 2001 and iPhone in 2007 represented industry-changing products that have sold hundreds of millions of units.

steve-jobs-iphone.jpg

Steve Jobs passed away on October 5, 2011, at the age of 56. Jobs had been suffering with complications related to pancreatic cancer in the years leading up to his death. Jobs has obviously affected the world with his contributions to Apple, and his death impacted us all. The article of his passing cites many reactions and photos from around the world.

Coincidentally, MacRumors shares the same birthday as Steve Jobs and was created on February 24, 2000. Today, the site turns 19 years old, and we are grateful for our dedicated readers, community members, and volunteers.

Update: Apple CEO Tim Cook has shared a tweet reflecting on how Steve Jobs would have loved Apple Park, the campus Jobs conceptualized before he passed away.

Steve's vision is reflected all around us at Apple Park. He would have loved it here, in this place he dreamed up -- the home and inspiration for Apple's future innovations. We miss him today on his 64th birthday, and every day. pic.twitter.com/yRrTiA1iyz - Tim Cook (@tim_cook) February 24, 2019

Article Link: Today Marks Steve Jobs' 64th Birthday as MacRumors Turns 19

Applebot1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
UK
I’ve been reading Macrumors longer than shown in my profile. Great site and hope it carry’s on.

Miss Steve’s keynotes and vision. Not replaceable. Apple isn’t the same and we can discuss this all day long without anyone agreeing!! I do feel Apple need to show more innovation and take risks. They need cheaper products that can hook new customers into their eco system.
Just like the iPod did.:)

ksec

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2015
Steve, the Apple Fans miss you. There isn't a single day goes by without thinking of you.

Apple's Keynote has been very dull without you. "Cant innovate my ass" TrashCan got his ass burned by GPUs, it may have hurt his bottom too much we still didn't get a replacement. I wish you have used the new Butterfly Keyboard, I know you probably like it, it is thinner, and marvel of its craftsmanship, but then once you started typing a missing letter and repeating letter for a few moment you would have throw the god damn thing to the wall and yell at your team to either fix it or redesign it.

The yard stick of quality, when nothing seems to be good enough for you.

Last edited:

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I miss the showman, that's about it, oh, and the little things which made Apple, like the Magsafe, glowing Apple Logo amongst others.

I also miss the MR of more than a decade ago, times change, it's not MR's fault that there are so many trolls here nowadays, Happy Birthday.

Steve Jobs's magic is all but gone from Apple. What remains are the high premium prices.

Prices were high or even higher before most even knew Apple, that doesn't mean I don't agree, just look at Macs nowadays, for instance the MBP, they got substantially more expensive in Europe, like €400-500 more than 4-5 years ago.
Blame the greediness of Wallstreet.

Last edited:

Shalev

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2015
thank you steve.
he made the world a better place with his desire to create tools that will push the individual, without his vision and philosophy the life would look different now.

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
The day he passed away is the day the Apple I loved, died. Hands down one of the pioneer inventors of the century.

Jobs never really invented anything. He slapped a bunch of things together... even then, it wasn't his own doing. He had vision, but it's not like you ever saw him writing code or soldering anything or trying to figure out how to fit 5,000 mp3s into a pocketable device.

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
Today being Steve Jobs’s 64th birthday is exceptionally special because The Beatles were one of his favorite musical artists, and one of The Beatles’s popular songs is titled “When I’m Sixty-Four.”

Happy Birthday, Steve! Happy Birthday, MacRumors! Thank you, Steve. Thank you, MacRumors.

Last edited:
Reactions: zzu and japanime
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.