Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its website to announce that it will share its earnings results for the second fiscal quarter (first calendar quarter) of 2019 on Tuesday, April 30.

Apple's second quarter earnings results will give us a look at how well Apple's products are doing following the first fiscal quarter of 2019, which saw Apple unexpectedly lower its revenue guidance due to fewer than anticipated iPhone upgrades.

appleq22019earningsapril30-800x599.jpg

Apple has dropped prices on iPhones and other products in China and some other emerging markets, plus it has shifted towards focusing on trade-in deals and monthly payment plans that lower the cost of the newest iPhones.

Apple's guidance for the second fiscal quarter of 2019 included expected revenue of $55 to $59 billion and gross margin between 37 and 38 percent. Apple in Q2 2018 brought in $61.1B in revenue, so the company is expecting a year-over-year decline in Q2 2019 based on its provided guidance.

As announced back in November, this will be the second quarter where Apple will not provide specific unit sales data for iPhone, iPad, and Mac.

Apple's quarterly earnings statement will be released at 1:30 p.m. Pacific/4:30 p.m. Eastern, with a conference call to discuss the report taking place at 2:00 p.m. Pacific/5:00 p.m. Eastern. MacRumors will provide coverage of both the earnings release and conference call on April 30.

Article Link: Apple to Announce Q2 2019 Earnings on April 30

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Imagine the earnings results once Apple starts selling Mac Pros, USB-C iPhones, and non-crippled iOS devices. Once we consumers finally get the products that we actually want to buy, Apple’s earnings will only increase!
Mac Pro’s will probably cost Apple more money to maintain than it earns them.

And iPhones are selling. Not saying the move to usb c wouldn’t be for the better, but it clearly hasn’t impacted iPhone sales.

I think Apple’s financial quarter will be just fine. I am predicting that it will be buoyed by improving iPhone XR sales. This is the sort of product that people are not going to rush to buy out of the gate, but instead wait until they are ready to upgrade.

And it’s going to show.

Reactions: jonblatho

nameischarles

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2014
I think Apple’s financial quarter will be just fine. I am predicting that it will be buoyed by improving iPhone XR sales. This is the sort of product that people are not going to rush to buy out of the gate, but instead wait until they are ready to upgrade.

And it’s going to show.

Hope so, cause I have never seen Apple before trying to promote an iPhone desperately harder than the XR. The XR-iPhone 7 trade in promo just keeps getting extended and the local carriers here in Australia are now offering free Beats headphones with any XR purchase.

Reactions: Coconut Bean

radiology

Suspended
Feb 11, 2014
Westlake, OH
“This was the best (insert metric here) quarter in Apple history. We sold more (insert product name here) that we have ever sold.”

That’s all folks.

Reactions: nvmls

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Imagine the earnings results once Apple starts selling Mac Pros, USB-C iPhones, and non-crippled iOS devices. Once we consumers finally get the products that we actually want to buy, Apple’s earnings will only increase!

Nah, flash storage across the board for the iMac sounds more reasonable. iPhone with USB-C port? Funny this is not a deal breaker, Lightning to USB-C is good. Non-crippled iOS device? You meant a more iPad-tuned iOS on the iPad Pro? I do want to see that.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
Can’t wait for the results I have a feeling the performance of Xr and the xs will surprise some.

Kind of like the iPhone X last year.

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
Mark it on the calendar boys. This is when we finally hear that apple is closing up shop and the doom prophecy comes true

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
You’re going to see unheard of missed margins on April 30th. Very bad news for Apple up ahead. Let’s see how they spin it.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
As one of those that didn't upgrade, it was because I was curious if the button free thing was really either an improvement or at least not a cripple. I let my friends be the crash test dummies. They like the buttonless thing, but wait! It tends to crash in the middle of a phone call. Whether it is a OS software glitch, a hardware issue or a network issue is not my concern. The fact I am not experiencing it on a V1.0 hardware design is. I am happy to be a trailing edge adopter. I went from an iPhone 1 to a 3GS to a 4S to a 8big. I am slow to update and am just fine with that. Hope I got those numbers right. Along the way I got an android Samsung burner and boy was that tragic.

Wake me when there is a phone with no buttons that doesn't crash on a phone call. Shake me when Apple listens to customers and offers a 2x battery capacity option INSIDE the case.

jaredlipsitz

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
I hope they are down again in sales and revenues. Tim Apple is long over due for a much needed lessons for over priced products and zero innovation to this day.

Can’t innovate my ass - AirPower

So basically, you hope their numbers will be down to add credibility to your claims?

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Apple has an annuity that is revenue positive and slightly unit negative because of a well received increase in ASP. I suspect that is one of the reasons for people holding their devices longer on average. I also claim that strategy predicted this trend and adjusted marketing accordingly. The first constituents of Apple are shareholders, customers, employees. Everything else is a variable.

I have some suggestions of what they can do with retained earnings, but I do not have an input port.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.