Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

When we share videos and images here at MacRumors, we often get a lot of questions about where our wallpapers are from, so we thought we'd offer a look at some of our favorite wallpaper app options so you can find new backgrounds for your iPhone, iPad, and even your Mac.

[*]Walli (Free) - Walli is a free wallpaper app that lets artists share photographs and artwork that can be used as your iPhone or iPad background. Walli has content organized into categories, plus there's a search tool and options for viewing recent, popular, and featured content. Walli offers all free content and displays ads in the app.
[*]Unsplash (Free) - Unsplash is a community-based image sharing app that provides royalty-free photographs for you to use as wallpaper or for other purposes. It's not focused solely on wallpapers, but there's an interesting range of content and a huge number different options. There are featured categories along with a robust search tool for finding just what you're looking for. Along with an iOS app, Unsplash also has a website so you can get Mac wallpapers too.
[*]Vellum Wallpapers (Free) - Vellum is an app that aggregates wallpapers from a variety of sources, so it offers a good range of different wallpaper options. Some of the content overlaps with the other wallpaper apps we've mentioned, but it also has unique wallpapers you won't find elsewhere. It has a nifty blurring tool for cutting out details on a wallpaper you might want to use as a background for the Home screen, so app names and icons won't be hard to see. It's free, but you can remove ads for $1.99.
[*]Atlas Wallpaper (Free) - Atlas is a unique wallpaper app that's designed to let you create a wallpaper based on a map anywhere in the world. You can search for a specific location, see a general overview map, and then customize the color palette to create unique wallpaper maps.
Along with the apps mentioned above, Reddit can be a great resource for new wallpaper content, specifically in the /r/wallpaper subreddit, and just a simple Google search for images can also be helpful if you're looking for something more specific.

Do you have favorite wallpaper app or resource that we didn't mention? Let us know in the comments.

Article Link: Top Wallpaper Apps for iPhone, iPad and Mac

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
I’d like to find another site that designs great wallpapers much like designcode.io does for the X/XS.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
Nope, just get a weird amount of interest in the wallpapers we use. I don't really get it either, tbh.
You see similar comments on YouTube videos as well. Some of the top comments are often people asking about the wallpaper.

Reactions: Paultmaine

Haust

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2011
I assume that all wallpaper apps are nothing but spyware. Screenshot DuckDuckGo pics for the win!

Reactions: Sciomar

Harytran26985

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2019
England
I follow an awesome graphic designer on Twitter (@AR72014). Every day or so there is a post of a new wallpaper for the iPhone (all sizes), iPad, and sometimes for the Mac. There are also wallpaper packs sold for a reasonable price which can be found here: https://linktr.ee/ar72014
tks u very much, i visited your site u recommended, it’s very useful website to choose wallpaper for apple products. these wallpaper are definately cool and sharp

zooby

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2008
I follow an awesome graphic designer on Twitter (@AR72014). Every day or so there is a post of a new wallpaper for the iPhone (all sizes), iPad, and sometimes for the Mac. There are also wallpaper packs sold for a reasonable price which can be found here: https://linktr.ee/ar72014

He's great! I find myself changing my wallpaper every other day!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.