Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following its iPhone 11 series announcements on Tuesday evening, Apple has shaved $100 off the price of its remaining retail stock of previous generation iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max models.

iphonexsxsmax.jpg

Brick-and-mortar Apple stores are now offering iPhone XS models with 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB storage for $899, $1,049, and $1,249, respectively.

The larger iPhone XS Max now starts at $999 for the 64GB model, rising to $1,149 for 256GB storage, and $1,349 for the 512GB capacity.

The iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max are no longer listed on Apple's online store, having been superseded by the new iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, which are set to launch on September 20.

Out of Apple's 2018 iPhone lineup, only the iPhone XR is still available to order online, alongside its successor, the iPhone 11, which also launches September 20. Pre-orders for the all-new models begin on September 13.

Article Link: iPhone XS Series Models Now $100 Cheaper at Apple Retail Stores

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepIn2U

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
It is something they've done in the past, they keep the old model for a few days at a discounted price then it simply doesn't exist anymore on their store but the refurbished one.
I guess we'll continue to see Xs and Max sold by third party for a few months, usually before Christmas (at least in my country) you can find good deals on previous year's iPhones. I expect similar deals on Watch series 4 as well

Reactions: Breaking Good

MX20

Suspended
Sep 28, 2018
I heard many people are not buying it and especially the phone with notch screen even do if it’s significantly cheaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvisDeene

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
I don’t know... I am so confused about Apple’s product line on the iPhone.
Confused and not convinced.

iPhone Xs is overpriced for a phone - at least to my standards and requirements. I could not get an XR or the new iPhone 11 because I really don’t like their look and finishes.

iPhone Pro has the same HW chip as iPhone 11 so for a stupid video/photo stuff it’s not worth the money.

Now I am still in Apple’s ecosystem with a MBP, iPad, iMac and aWatch but I need to change my phone and I will not throw out so much money on the window on any of these.
iPhone 8 will be outdated next yer. I have a 7 plus..... I really don’t know what to look for and what to do....

Someone help me out here please...

I will hang tight to the 7 plus for now, but I suspect in half year I will need to change it - battery will die and I replace the phone by then. (Not to mention 7 is outdated)

Reactions: Marekul

ApplelD

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2019
Auburn, WA
Last chance to get a high-end phone supporting 3D Touch.

I love it for text editing. You can select text in addition to simply moving the insertion caret.
Sadly, I believe that the old iPhones that support 3D Touch will have the functionality voided the moment they install iOS 13, so until the 19th you better make good use of the feature before its gone forever...

SnowLucas

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2015
Sadly, I believe that the old iPhones that support 3D Touch will have the functionality voided the moment they install iOS 13, so until the 19th you better make good use of the feature before its gone forever...

You think they will remove a feature from a phone that they still sell and that feature is listed in its specifications?

I’m pretty confident your talking nonsense.

ApplelD

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2019
Auburn, WA
You think they will remove a feature from a phone that they still sell and that feature is listed in its specifications?

I’m pretty confident your talking nonsense.
I read that it’s because of all new models starting this gen, only have Haptic Touch so they’re only programming gestures for Haptic Touch and 3D Touch gestures simply will cease to exist in older 3D Touch models because they’ll be given haptic touch instead... I might actually ask Apple Support about this later and see if there’s a definitive answer

jezbd1997

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
Melbourne - Australia
Last chance to get a high-end phone supporting 3D Touch.

I love it for text editing. You can select text in addition to simply moving the insertion caret.
They’ve added features in iOS 13 that make it easier than using 3D Touch, I always found it to be a high error rate and stopped trying

ApplelD

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2019
Auburn, WA
As a person with a XS Max and iOS 13 b3, they’ve ****ed 3D Touch with the release of 13. Period. It was their intention from the start. It’s a **** show now.
Maybe because 3D Touch is not fully gone yet as you’re in a Beta and it’s trying to work at the same time as it’s autistic cousin, Haptic Touch resulting in glitchy behavior when you try it. Once the full iOS 13 is out, RIP 3D Touch. Never Forgetti

nexusrule

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
I don’t know... I am so confused about Apple’s product line on the iPhone.
Confused and not convinced.

iPhone Xs is overpriced for a phone - at least to my standards and requirements. I could not get an XR or the new iPhone 11 because I really don’t like their look and finishes.

iPhone Pro has the same HW chip as iPhone 11 so for a stupid video/photo stuff it’s not worth the money.

Now I am still in Apple’s ecosystem with a MBP, iPad, iMac and aWatch but I need to change my phone and I will not throw out so much money on the window on any of these.
iPhone 8 will be outdated next yer. I have a 7 plus..... I really don’t know what to look for and what to do....

Someone help me out here please...

I will hang tight to the 7 plus for now, but I suspect in half year I will need to change it - battery will die and I replace the phone by then. (Not to mention 7 is outdated)

iPhone 7 supports iOS 13, will support 14 and if I am not mistaken 15 too, so not that outdated. You can change the battery for $100 and use it at least another 2 or 3 years. Simple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.