Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has discounted Apple's 2019 MacBook Air in two configurations, with each price representing the lowest price ever for these models. Both sales kicked off today, and it's unclear how long they'll last so be sure to check them out soon.

macbook-air-2019.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

To start, you can get the latest 128GB MacBook Air (1.6GHz, 8GB RAM) for $899.99, down from $1,099.00 ($199 off) in both Space Gray and Silver. Gold is not on sale in this configuration.

You can also purchase the 256GB MacBook Air (1.6GHz, 8GB RAM) for $1,099.99, down from $1,299.00 ($199 off) in Gold. Space Gray and Silver are not on sale in this configuration.

Apple refreshed the MacBook Air this past July with a lower price tag, an updated display with True Tone, some minor SSD changes, and a new butterfly keyboard that uses the same updated materials as the 2019 MacBook Pro. The MacBook Air continues to be equipped with a Retina display with slimmer black bezels that better match the slimmer bezels of the MacBook Pro.

For more information on the best Apple-related sales, head to our full Deals Roundup.

Article Link: Deals Spotlight: Amazon Discounts 2019 MacBook Air Models, Starting at $900 for 128GB ($199 Off, Lowest Ever)

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
Is the keyboard in the 2019 air really the same as the 2019 pro?

I have a 2019 Pro for work and a 2019 Air as a personal, and find typing on my air much more enjoyable..

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
I’m not sure why Amazon runs the sales for only a few hours, but that always seems to be the way it goes.

If you want the sale price, you have to buy right now. No time to think about it. People who wont buy at regular price will buy when on sale, increasing sales. This quickly drops their inventory to desired level. Sale ends when they sell enough.

Then they raise price back up, because the remaining inventory now matches amount they will sell at regular price.

So they are making the most money possible!

Reactions: zachlegomaniac

Soccertess

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
Hm, I wonder if they are clearing inventory for an update before the holidays. Apple sales are down and if they have half a brain they would know it’s because of their weak lineup.

cylack

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2006
Orlando, FL
I bought my base 2019 MacBook Air at Best Buy for $899 2 months ago when Best Buy had a flash sale. Best Buy is the best place to buy Apple products because the store has flash sales frequently. Get on the email list and you'll be notified. I also got my base iMac Pro for $800 off the Apple retail price when Best Buy had a flash sale during Easter. Be on the lookout for flash sales during any major holiday.
[automerge]1571239387[/automerge]
128 GB is puny and is not suitable for one's primary computer. However, I realized 128GB was ok for me as my MBA is not my primary computer but my secondary computer I use when traveling. Having all my documents on iCloud makes my work flow possible. I don't like using iPad for work, so the MBA was essential for me and its worked out great.

I don’t remember ever who could be satisfied with 128GB ssd. Charging $200 for +128GB doesn’t look reasonable when 1TB ssd is $89 now.

Reactions: jmoore5196

Mainsail

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
I bought my base 2019 MacBook Air at Best Buy for $899 2 months ago when Best Buy had a flash sale. Best Buy is the best place to buy Apple products because the store has flash sales frequently. Get on the email list and you'll be notified. I also got my base iMac Pro for $800 off the Apple retail price when Best Buy had a flash sale during Easter. Be on the lookout for flash sales during any major holiday.
[automerge]1571239387[/automerge]
128 GB is puny and is not suitable for one's primary computer. However, I realized 128GB was ok for me as my MBA is not my primary computer but my secondary computer I use when traveling. Having all my documents on iCloud makes my work flow possible. I don't like using iPad for work, so the MBA was essential for me and its worked out great.

I agree BB is a good way to go, and $900 for a new MBA is a pretty good deal.

As for storage, it depends on how you use your primary computer and how you use cloud storage. The base 128 GB 2019 MBA is my only computer, and it is more than enough for me.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
The storage model bugs me. If you want an amount of storage that was merely acceptable many years ago it’s usually not on sale. With the absurd storage pricing it’s a double whammy.

Reactions: Aston441
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.