Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming macOS Catalina 10.15.2 update to developers, one week after releasing the macOS Catalina 10.15.1 update.

The new ?macOS Catalina? beta can be downloaded using the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences after installing the proper software from the Developer Center.

macos-catalina-wallpaper-800x479.jpg

There's no word yet on what improvements the second update to macOS Catalina will include, but it most likely focuses on performance improvements, security updates, and fixes for bugs that weren't able to be addressed in the macOS 10.15.1 update.

When we find out what's new in the macOS Catalina 10.15.2 beta, we'll update this article.

?macOS Catalina? is a major update that eliminates iTunes in favor of new Music, Podcasts, and TV apps, nixes support for 32-bit apps, adds a new Find My app, brings a new Photos interface, and includes multiple privacy enhancements and other app refinements.

For full details on what's new in ?macOS Catalina?, make sure to check out our macOS Catalina roundup.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of Upcoming macOS Catalina 10.15.2 Update

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
Any news on if this fixes the broken local search in the TV app ? It’s crazy that I have to scroll through over a thousand movies to find them manually.

• Haha
Reactions: Babygotfont

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
I am sure someone on the Beta programme has reported it. when it gets fixed is anyone's guess.

And if someone didn’t? Then it’ll just stay there longer. If there is a bug, don’t rely on “someone” to have reported it already. Report it yourself. Also multiple reports will stand out more to Apple, I’d assume, compared to just one.

lJoSquaredl

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2012
Continued updates and support for eGPUs would be nice, or at least let me use AMD in bootcamp?

ichavis

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
I have never posted anything here before but 10.15.1 causes my new 2019 iMac Core i9 to do random reboots while in sleep mode. Apples suggestion was to stay at 10.15.0 with incremental fixes and not go to 10.15.1. Something in the block storage driver causing me kernel panics. I would take the leap of faith for a new beta knowing that i'll know if it is fixed in a few hours since that is when the random kernel panic reboots happen. Heck, i've downgraded so many times it does not bother me :)

TheShadowKnows!

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
National Capital Region
I am still rocking Mojave 10.14.6. (being pestered by unresolved resource wakeup diagnostics logged freely under /library/logs/DiagnosticReports)

But given the Catalina reviews, this version lurks worse.
[No wonder that Catalina's Desktop Picture appears (to me) to mimic a middle finger pointed at us.]

Will wait to *.3 or even *.4.
But that is just me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.