Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's four-day Black Friday shopping event is now live in the United States, offering customers free Apple Store gift cards worth up to $200 with the purchase of select new Apple products.

apple-black-friday-event-2019-banner-800x465.jpg

Gift card values in the United States:
  • $200 for 13-inch MacBook Pro, iMac, or iMac Pro
  • $100 for MacBook Air
  • $100 for iPad Pro
  • $100 for Beats Studio3 Wireless
  • $50 for SIM-free iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone XR
  • $50 for 10.5-inch iPad Air or iPad mini 5
  • $50 for HomePod
  • $50 for Beats Solo3 Wireless, Powerbeats3 Wireless, or Powerbeats Pro
  • $25 for Apple Watch Series 3, regular AirPods, Apple TV 4K, or Apple TV HD
Apple is not offering gift cards for its latest products, including the 16-inch MacBook Pro, AirPods Pro, iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro models, or Apple Watch Series 5 models, while the Mac mini, iPod touch, old Mac Pro, refurbished products, education-discounted products, and carrier-locked iPhones are also ineligible.

The offer is available via Apple.com and at Apple Stores in the United States through December 2, which is Cyber Monday, an increasingly popular online-focused shopping holiday that follows Black Friday.

The gift card promotion has also gone live in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and several countries in Europe.

Black Friday marks one of the few times in a year that Apple offers deals on its products, but as usual, better deals can be found elsewhere. Be sure to read our Black Friday roundup for the latest offers from third-party resellers on the latest iPhones and iPads, the 16-inch MacBook Pro, AirPods Pro, and more.

Article Link: Apple's Black Friday Gift Card Promotion Begins in United States

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Bummer in that they decided to withhold the incentive on the latest stuff, I was set to buy an apple watch today - oh well. I can wait.

Reactions: kiensoy

craigmak

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2017
So if I buy the homepod on my Apple Card I get the 3% and $50. Then contact Apple Card support and price match to Best Buy for $100 off then end up net paying $144 plus tax. That sounds like a good deal to me

kmoreau48

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2012
What happens
1. If I buy an apple watch series 3 as a gift, I get a gift card (35$ in Canada) and then spend that gift card on an other product.
2. Then the apple watch is returned to the apple store for refund. Do they refund the apple watch amount minus the gift card amount?

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
I purchased a sim-free iPhone 8 last Saturday. Has anybody had any luck with getting the gift card after the fact? I do not want to return and rebuy, but it looks like I'll have to do that.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
What happens
1. If I buy an apple watch series 3 as a gift, I get a gift card (35$ in Canada) and then spend that gift card on an other product.
2. Then the apple watch is returned to the apple store for refund. Do they refund the apple watch amount minus the gift card amount?

Yes.

"PROCEDURES RELATED TO PRODUCT RETURNS AND EXCHANGES: Returns and exchanges are subject to the policy of the Qualifying Location where the purchase was made. The Apple Store Gift Card received with the purchase of an Eligible Product must be returned with such Eligible Product in order to receive a full refund for that purchase. If the Apple Store Gift Card is missing, is not returned, or has been redeemed, the full original value of the Apple Store Gift Card will be deducted from the exchange or refund of the Eligible Product."
https://www.apple.com/promo/pdf/EN_US_BF_103119_FINAL.pdf
https://www.apple.com/ca/promo/pdf/EN_CA_BF_103119_FINAL.pdf

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.