Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dt01aap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Hi,

I have a 23" Cinema HD Display. It turns on, my Macbook Pro can see it in the Displays panel but there is no visible picture actually on the screen.

Any thoughts / ideas on how to get it working again?

* The power light does not flash any diagnostic pattern.
* If I shine a torch to the display I can't see anything, not even faintly.

dt01aap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Hi there,

I'll soon have a Mac Pro up and running but until then I've only got the laptop. I did however test the laptop running a Dell monitor at work without any trouble. Do you think it's potentially the macbook pro?

dt01aap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
By process of elimination then...

- I plugged the monitor into the Mac Pro and the same problem: Power light on, no diagnostic flashing pattern; recognised by the system.
- The power adpter is brand new, so I'm ruling that out.
- The cables are permenantly secured to the monitor, right? Any recommendations as to how I could replace the DVI cable?

Many thanks

jnasca

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2009
MBP plugged into refurbished (just received in mail) 23" display - blank desktop

I just got my refurbished 23 inch display for my MBP and plugged it in as instructed, but the desktop on my MBP does not show up on my display? Is there something I'm supposed to do beyond the plugging in / turning on phase that makes the two talk to each other?

dt01aap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
JediMeister, no apple care I'm afraid. Trying to troubleshoot the problem myself. Not sure it's even the cable, so still researching in forums and so on.

jnasca. Once pluged in as you previously stated open the following control panel
System Preferences> Displays>
You should see a picture of the monitors, side by side. Drag the screens into the arrangement you have them on your desk. I think that you can from here then set the 23" to have all the toolbars etc. Good luck.

Any more thoughts on trouble shooting my monitor - checking the cable?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.