24 24 24 24 24 24 24 24 24 24 24 24 24

hinkhous

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
The Apple Store is open 24 hours per day.

May 24th, 1985: Sculley and Jobs have a hard argument that day. Sculley asks the executives to choose sides between Jobs and himself. This later led to Jobs being stripped of all operational responsibilities with the company.

October 24th, 1985: John Sculley signs the worst contract Apple ever has made. He agrees that Microsoft may use some Mac GUI (Graphical User Interface) technologies if it continues producing software for the Mac (Word, Excel). If Sculley wouldn't have signed this deal Windows would have never been introduced since the similarities to the MacOS were so obvious that Apple would have easily won any lawsuits against Microsoft!

August 24th , 1993: The court decides that Windows 2.0.3 was covered by the 1985 deal between Apple and Microsoft.

January 24th, 1997: MacOS 7.6 is introduced, <joke> a monumental triumph for the OS that introduced improvements to virtual memory and extensions manager.</joke>

March 24th, 2001: MacOS X 10.0 is officially released. It is a silent release since Apple wants to have a major release event in July at MacWorldExpo when MacOS X 10.1 ships. At that time numerous third-party software will be available for MacOS X.

And well, the iPod debuted on the 23rd. Darn thing anyway!

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
hm, the problem i have with the story on that link is it ignored the fact that apple legally obtained the gui concept from xerox. apple may have gotten the idea from them, but they paid for it. this makes the fact that windows got the idea for free even more damning since clearing the laws that be had earlier decided that apple needed to compensate xerox in order to develop a GUI, while years later they decided that windows could just steal the idea without legally obtaining permission to it.

(i believe apple gave xerox shares?)

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
I hate to add to this, but...

Anyone notice where Apple's stock price has been trading around lately?

You guessed it.

24!!!!!

Matthew

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Re: I hate to add to this, but...

Originally posted by mrtrumbe
Anyone notice where Apple's stock price has been trading around lately?

You guessed it.

24!!!!!

Matthew
don't remind me:(

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
So Stupid!

Yea, and errrmmm...Apple's G4. 4+3 (g3) equals 7,which is the number of days the Apple Store is open in a week. 7+24(number of hours Apple Store is open) equals 31(number of days in the average month). Now subtact 11(OS 10.1 10+1=11) and you get 20. 20 minus 15(number of full moons per year) equals 5. 5 is the next revolution in the Apple chip...G5!

This is so stupid. That 24 thing is so increadibly dumb.

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Re: So Stupid!

Originally posted by Mac_User
Yea, and errrmmm...Apple's G4. 4+3 (g3) equals 7,which is the number of days the Apple Store is open in a week. 7+24(number of hours Apple Store is open) equals 31(number of days in the average month). Now subtact 11(OS 10.1 10+1=11) and you get 20. 20 minus 15(number of full moons per year) equals 5. 5 is the next revolution in the Apple chip...G5!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The fact that you actually thought that out to post it to prove your point is magnificant!

Thats the most entertaining thing I've read since the chronicles of george! Thank you Mac_User for bringing a little bit of joy into my world.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Re: Re: So Stupid!

Originally posted by teabgs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The fact that you actually thought that out to post it to prove your point is magnificant!

Thats the most entertaining thing I've read since the chronicles of george! Thank you Mac_User for bringing a little bit of joy into my world.
You welcome. Makes me feel good when people laugh at my posts ;)
Thanks for the post!

Biggles

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2002
Ohio
Re: So Stupid!

Originally posted by Mac_User

that's hilarious. I think i'll just have to make that my signiture. Please tell me if you have any objections, but that is just classic!