24" Monitor Best Resolution Under Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hexonxonx, Jun 26, 2011.

1. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I can't seem to find an acceptable resolution setting when using Windows 7 or even XP with my Samsung 24" monitor. The only time I can use the monitor is when using OSX.

Windows 7 recognizes the monitor and even shows it's model # in settings but the resolution is wrong no matter what resolution I try.

Even a few years ago under XP when I owned a 23" ACD the resolution was wrong on it and I could never use XP with that monitor. This was using a Mac Pro and even a MBP.

Any ideas here? Thanks

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Assuming you have the windows display drivers installed, one trick that seemed to work a lot was to choose the second highest resolution. Then click apply and ok. Then open display properties again, and the native resolution will then be an option for the highest resolution. So basically, choose the wrong resolution, but not the highest available wrong option. Then go back to display properties and look for the native resolution.