24" or 30" ? Anybody know anything about WHEN the 30" LED ACD is due to arrive?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by late show, Jan 12, 2009.

1. late show macrumors member

Im getting a new macbook pro 17" in a few weeks and would buy the 24" LED, but prefer the size of the 30" ACD. However do not wish to buy a 4-year old display...

Any guesses on the 30" ? and when its due? also do you think would designed specially for desktops? (no speakers, cables etc..) or the same as the 24"?

2. ascender macrumors 68000

The sort answer is that no-one knows at the moment, but I think there's a lot of people in your situation who are waiting to see what happens before buying. Very frustrating.

3. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

Oh yeah I was out shopping this morning. Bumped into Steve - who is looking very well. We had a brief conversation where he outlined apples product release schedule for the next year.

Cinema Displays are coming in the next week or 52.
    :p:p:p

4. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Magic 8 ball says ..............

Your guess is as good as anyones. Seems they are moving products to LED, so a 30" has to be in the works. When we may see it is anyones guess.

However I wouldn't hold your breath. For once apple has a good deal on the 24" LED display, something they rarely have. For them to release a 30" at a price within the older 30"'s current price seems a stretch.

I did see that Dell had a good price on refurb 30" for 599 with coupon, 749 without.

Good luck!

5. NebNamdlov macrumors newbie

30 Dell Refurb

Hey Kellen,
    I'm actually looking to get that 30 Dell Refurb but where can i find that coupon? please please:)
    Also what do you think about getting a refurb from Dell? Risky? Will it be a dead pixel bonanza?

6. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

try slickdeals.net. Been like a week since its been up, so it could be over, but 749 isn't bad.

Only reason I held off is it doesn't have the plethora of inputs the 2408 has. If I recall its only dvi.

7. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

I suspect Apple is holding off on releasing updated Cinema Displays until the heat issue that causes color shifting is fixed. At this point Apple Care will only acknowledge it is an issue being looked into while the Apple Store denies ever hearing of it. Before releasing 30" displays that will be used by pros I figure they're waiting to find a solution. It was annoying enough to me that after exchanging both my display and MBP and still having the problem with the new ones I gave up and got a refund, and decided to wait for a an iMac with 24" LED. Of course that could also be the reason the iMacs haven't been released yet.

8. brentsg macrumors 68030

I know you were bitten by this but I think the issue is much less pervasive than you believe.

9. seb-opp macrumors 6502

My guess is it will come out when the mac pro is updated because the previous range was designed to compliment the pro