'24' Season 8, New York (The Final Season) -- Caution contains spoilers

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
So we are just a few weeks away from season 8. January 17, 2 hour premiere starting at 9 pm.

Last season's finale ended with Jack Bauer's life hanging in the balance. He has been put into a morphine-induced coma, with his only hope being a stem cell transplant from his daughter Kim. There is no guarantee that the transplant will work, and Jack doesn't want Kim to risk anything for him, but she decides to do it against his wishes (And of course, considering that there is no show without Jack Bauer, and he seems to be alive and well in the clip, I'm assuming the treatment worked).

President Allison Taylor has just turned her daughter Olivia over to the justice department for her role in conspiring to kill Jonas Hodges. The President's husband, Henry, is livid that she would turn against her family and put her job first, a job that he says is responsible for their son being killed. Basically, President Taylor's family is falling apart.

Meanwhile, with Jack's help, Tony and Wilson were finally taken into custody. Tony's whole purpose was to get revenge on Wilson who he says killed his pregnant wife, Michelle. Although Renee spared Wilson's life when Tony tried to kill him, she still has a bone to pick with him for his role in Larry Moss's death. In one of the last scenes, she leaves her badge on the table before going into the holding room to confront Wilson. One can only imagine that her intent is to kill him before he gets transferred.

The upcoming season will boast more drama and new stars. Freddie Prinze Jr. has joined the cast and will be Davis Cole, a former Marine who runs CTU field operations and wants to be the next Jack Bauer. Other additions include Slumdog Millionaire star Anil Kapoor as Arman Hashemi, a Middle East leader, John Boyd as a CTU systems analyst and Chris Diamantopoulos as the president's chief of staff.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I can't wait. There is so little I watch on TV these days.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
I still have to watch last season.

I tried recording it on my DVR but I forgot to tell it to save all episodes so it stopped recording after the first 10. I'll buy it on iTunes eventually but for now $60 for the HD season is bit too high.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
I really can't watch another season of 24. I actually can't believe its still going!
I'm still enjoying it, but it's starting to stretch the limits for me. There's only so many times that CTU/FBI/The White House can be infiltrated by moles before we start going, "Oh, not AGAIN..."

My siblings and I joke that we could be the next "24" storywriters by writing a bunch of concepts on index cards ("there's a mole!", "terrorist promises civilian hostage he'll be good on his word, only to shoot hostage moments later", "President must choose whose lives to save", etc.) and draw them randomly from a hat.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm pretty sure this is the last season if what I've heard is correct. I haven't missed a season yet and don't plan on missing this one. Though some parts of it are getting old and some of it can be far fetched, I and my wife still love the show.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Hopefully, Kim dies this year.

*thumbs up* ;)

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Hopefully, Kim dies this year.

*thumbs up* ;)
I love me some Elisha Cuthbert, but her character is beyond drawn out now.

I can't believe we left out the fact that the amazing Starbuck aka Katee Sackoff will be in this season.

: droolage:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"My Own Private Idaho”
I'm pretty sure this is the last season if what I've heard is correct. I haven't missed a season yet and don't plan on missing this one. Though some parts of it are getting old and some of it can be far fetched, I and my wife still love the show.

^^^ love the pic.... LOL...

Reading the synopsis - makes you thing we're all really watching a Soap Opera... :p

I saw a T-Shirt:

"If Jack had his way, the show would be called "12".... " ;)

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
Bets on how many eps until Chloe gets yelled at. My guess is 3, even if she's not a character this year.:)
We will have to see how nice the new heads of the new CTU are. If they are cocky self-centered politicians then it will take 2. If they are like Bill was, then who knows. I have to say; I cannot take Freddy Prince Jr serious enough to make him likable. Nevertheless, I cannot wait for the opening night.

I wonder what happened to our favorite psychotic first daughter? Is she REALLY in federal prison?

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
I love me some Elisha Cuthbert, but her character is beyond drawn out now.

I can't believe we left out the fact that the amazing Starbuck aka Katee Sackoff will be in this season.

: droolage:
at least they are showing Elisha with some cahoonas. I was sick and tired of her being the victim; I loved seeing her stab that woman in the leg with the pen last year then run into a burning car to get the laptop.