Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jharvey71884

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2011
So my wife is currently using a iPhone 6. We are moving to Cricket and she doesn't care about the size. She is on it a lot, but it's Facebook, Twitter, Gmail app, Maps, snaps of the kids and Amazon. Occasionally she will watch a Netflix movie as well. But no gaming. No editing.

They are selling brand new iPhone 5s 32GB for $250 on their network. Am I being just cheap not getting her a iPhone SE 64gb for $500.

Or do you think she could get away with the 5S? I think she could.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
The 5S is still a very good phone. Would you rather save money today or in the long run? What I mean by that is I think the 5S will be towards the end of its life after IOS 10 is released. The SE will last a very very long time before it slows down. Personally, I would pick the latter. The battery life alone is worth the extra cash.

BearBert

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2015
Yeah you should be just fine with the 5S on Cricket. Most of the features of the SE you won't even be able to make full use of on Cricket. No VoLTE, No Wifi calling, and the limited LTE speeds of Cricket.

Curious why not just bring your iPhone 6 over to Cricket?

jharvey71884

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Yeah you should be just fine with the 5S on Cricket. Most of the features of the SE you won't even be able to make full use of on Cricket. No VoLTE, No Wifi calling, and the limited LTE speeds of Cricket.

Curious why not just bring your iPhone 6 over to Cricket?

Going to sell it to pay off the phone to Sprint. We live right by a Sprint tower currently. But are moving to Texas and needing to make the switch.

If I just paid Sprint the remaining balance on the phone, would they unlock right away to be able to bolt to Cricket?

BearBert

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2015
Going to sell it to pay off the phone to Sprint. We live right by a Sprint tower currently. But are moving to Texas and needing to make the switch.

If I just paid Sprint the remaining balance on the phone, would they unlock right away to be able to bolt to Cricket?
I'm not sure how it works with Sprint and their unlocking policy sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.