Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
I just received the still sold at Apple site 27-inch Cinema Display to use on my 2011 mini Server.

However, like iMacs I have tried in the past, the right side of the screen and bottom, is all yellow tinged.

Is the thunderbolt display any better?

Why can't they make a display without this problem?

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
i haven't noticed this problem with either my 24" or 27" cinema displays i. I'm not sure about the new thunderbolt display, according to ifixit, its the same LG lcd panel that they used in previous 27" iMacs and cinema displays, so there isnt any difference. Can you post a picture of exactly what your seeing???

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
its the same LG lcd panel that they used in previous 27" iMacs and cinema displays, so there isnt any difference.

I just want to mention here that while LG is basically the panel vendor for mainstream displays (at least in the under $5k range which is why I say mainstream), they aren't perfect. Sample variation does exist, and the OP may be picky or unlucky here.

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
Is the thunderbolt display any better?
Although I can't answer or vouch for everyone, at least my TBD isn't yellow - right now anyway, who can say what'll happen as it ages. :p

Why can't they make a display without this problem?
The issue here is likely with the LCD panel itself, which isn't manufactured by Apple, but by LG as mentioned previously in the thread.

If you indeed percieve what you're experiencing as such a problem that it interferes with your ability to use the display you should take it up with Apple to have them replace it. It's not really something that can be fixed via a forum anyway, other than suggesting you lower brightness, and/or avoid the color white - which isn't likely to be practical for you...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.