27" i7 has NO yellow, NO noise & NO dead pixels - VERY happy!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iKimm, Aug 10, 2010.

1. iKimm macrumors member

Hi,

This is my second iMac (upgraded from G5) and it really is perfect. I did not run any major tests, however, I checked the screen and all appears to be great. :p

It is extremely quiet. Even I am surprised at how quiet it is. Very happy about that!!! :p

I got the following:

iMac 27"/2.93 Ghz
    4 GB Ram (2x2 will upgrade in the future on my own)
    2 TB HD
    Track Pad (LOVE it :D)

It is very fast and I am in heaven right now. It did ship from CA. For those that are on the fence... go for it!!! It is a true beauty :)

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

3. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

just picked up mine from my local apple store .. so far i havent heard any hd noise or the buzzing from low brightness .. gotta check for the yellowing tomorrow and for any bleeding

4. Dwhite78 macrumors regular

5. Vylen macrumors 65816

You have now jinxed it and your iMac will now melt into a viscous pool of goo when you're not looking.

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Welcome to the club.

I'm happily rockin' my new iMac, too - my first iMac, actually. I've been a Mac user since 1992 (Apple II line before that), but this is the first iMac I've owned.

It's so nice not to have a bazillion boxes all connected and wired up all over my desk. And the near complete silence is amazing. Still not used to it. I step in to my home office and I'm startled because I think the computer isn't running. Before, if I stepped in to silence, it meant the machine had crashed or shut down after losing power or something of that nature. The silence was bad. Now, it's the norm. Almost too quiet.

7. mattnotis macrumors regular