27" iMac for $1529. Is Mac Connection a reputable seller?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Libertine Lush, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Libertine Lush macrumors 6502a

Hi everybody,

Happy Thanksgiving to all the stateside forum members.

I just saw that Mac Connection has the 27" iMac for $1529 for this Black Friday sale.

I'm making my switch to Apple so I have no knowledge of which sites are reputable. Is Mac Connection a good place to buy from?

The Better Business Bureau gives it an A+ rating ( http://www.bbb.org/concord/business-reviews/computers-dealers/pc-connection-in-merrimack-nh-3001113 ) and I found this positive rating: http://shopper.cnet.com/4011-5_9-302366.html

I'd just like to make certain with the Apple users here.

And also, if there is in fact a lower price than $1529, please do point it out.

Thank you!

2. Thorbjorn macrumors regular

MacConnection is great. I used to use them exclusively years ago, because their customer service was terrific and they were located in a neighboring state (New Hampshire). I think you can order from them with confidence. As to whether that's the best price around... I have no idea. It certainly sounds good, and I'm presuming you've done your research.

3. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

Go for it. They're a good retailer with a great reputation.

4. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

5. txguy977 macrumors newbie

6. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

They're great. They don't charge tax unless you're in their state. I've used them a zillion times. The only criticism of them, and it's not really a criticism is that they're a reseller, not really a dealer. By that I mean that once you buy a Mac and it needs warranty service, you need to deal with Apple, and not Mac Connection, for a resolution.

7. Libertine Lush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you everyone for your replies. I went ahead and got it! I'll be getting the Airport Extreme and Applecare package as well from some other sites.

I'm not familiar with the distinction between the terms reseller and dealer. When you say that you have to deal with Apple instead of Mac Connection for warranty service, that seems like the more ideal scenario to me. Could you explain why it would be better to have someone else other than Apple repair your system?

Thank you!