Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geekygirl77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
My friend got a 3G and gave me her old 2G. I have at&t so I updated the phone, put in my SIM and activated it. iPhone worked fine for a whole day and then when I was charging it, the phone frooze. It turned of, turned on and came up with a message telling me to restore the iPhone. I connected it to iTunes, but it won't restore because it says my SIM is invalid. Is there anything I can do??? :(

TexanMan05

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
My friend got a 3G and gave me her old 2G. I have at&t so I updated the phone, put in my SIM and activated it. iPhone worked fine for a whole day and then when I was charging it, the phone frooze. It turned of, turned on and came up with a message telling me to restore the iPhone. I connected it to iTunes, but it won't restore because it says my SIM is invalid. Is there anything I can do??? :(

I would try removing the SIM card (use the tool that came with your friends 3G iPhone) and then putting it back in.

This happened to me once on my 3G and removing and then replacing the SIM card worked.

I would suggest starting there.

geekygirl77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
:) Thank you for responding.
I took out the SIM card and put it back in, but the same error message came up :( I put the SIM card in my old phone and it worked fine.
Would getting a new SIM from at&t work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.