2g iPhone 2.0.2 jb/ul able to be restored at all once 2.1 is on?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by neocitron, Sep 12, 2008.

1. neocitron macrumors newbie

I know I can upgrade my 2g iPhone from a jailbroken / unlocked 2.0.2 to 2.1 and retain the unlock / lose the jailbreak.

My question is will I be able to RESTORE my phone to 2.1 AFTER upgrading it to 2.1 from 2.0.2?

For example, what if i want a clean wipe? Will restoring it to 2.1 lose my unlock?

2. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

If you update to 2.1 you will keep unlock, lose jailbreak. If you restore 2.1, you will lose everything including unlock, I would wait untill the dev team can find a way to jailbreak and unlock 2.1 software

3. neocitron thread starter macrumors newbie

whats odd is that i upgraded just now from 2.0.2 to 2.1 and lost everything.... just "slide for emergency" is there... bricked

I was told it wouldn't lose the unlock... unless i have to pop in the att sim that came in the box during the upgrade (rogers in canada)

4. tjobeid macrumors member

YOu are never bricked , you can always restore . Worse case you might have to downgrade to 2.0 and unlock that if you want it unlocked then just update back to 2.1.

5. neocitron thread starter macrumors newbie

unfortunately, iTunes 8 won't let me use a pwned older ipsw to restore from.... neither does itunes 7.7... keeps giving me an iPhone error when i try to downgrade

6. hypmatize macrumors regular

You did not lose your unlock you lost the jb and the hacked activation. That is why you only have slide for emergency.

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Downgrade to an older version and then use Quickpwn.