2g iPhone: tried to return to factory settings now Apple logo is all I get!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ccourban, Sep 12, 2009.

1. ccourban macrumors newbie

I tried to erase and restore my jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 2g to factory setting, now all I am left with is the apple logo on the screen. I have let the charge run down and tried recharging without luck and when I hold down the off and home buttons simultaneously the apple logo turns off then comes back on. I have been unable to get anything else from it. Any thoughts?? I have not dropped or in any other way damaged the phone. Is it fried?

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You erased everything on your iPhone, including the OS. It's just stuck at the bootloader. What you need to do is put your phone in DFU mode and restore from iTunes. If you hope to jailbreak, restore to the 3.0.1 firmware.

3. ccourban thread starter macrumors newbie

Already tried that but unable to get into DFU mode using redsn0w. device is not detected. any other thoughts would be appreciated.

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Forget about RedSn0w for now, you need to get your phone into DFU mode connected to iTunes.

Try following this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I

If you do it correctly the phone has no choice other than to go into DFU mode, it's what it's programmed to do.

5. ccourban thread starter macrumors newbie