2gb free for music (out of 8 total).

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by scrapple, Apr 14, 2015.

1. scrapple macrumors regular

scrapple

Any updates on this? I heard that at launch, only 2gb on the watch is allocated for music. I plan on using my watch and some bluetooth headphones for working out. 4gb would be nice.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Not likely going to change since the rest is allocated for wOS and Apps/data. You will just have to swap out Playlist on your :apple:Watch as needed.

3. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

Music is synced from the phone, so it's not that much of a hassle to transfer a certain album or playlist on the go. 2GB should be enough for most people's workout music.

4. Nick.haley, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015

Nick.haley macrumors member

Nick.haley

bluetooth headphones

hey OP, I'm finding it pretty tough to pick a good pair of bluetooth headphones (well, in-ear phones) because I too desire a workout with just the watch and my headphones.

Do you have a pair already?

This is the best I *think* i've found so far (via amazon)...
    - plantronics backbeat GO 2 wireless earbuds with Charge Case
    - jabra rox
    - jaybird bluebuds X bluetooth in-ear earphones
    - JBL J46BT in ear headphone

but in reality i really have no idea. :eek:

5. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

I have the plantronics, my wife has the jaybirds. The plantronics are ok, but the batteries are in the ear pieces. Therefore they are heavy at the ear, therefore they start to fall out when the workout gets sweaty. The jaybirds area lighter, but more expensive. The wireless in-ears are good for walking or working round the house/yard. For working out, I'd say be sure to get an ear clip of some kind or just go ahead and get over-the-ear headphones with a head band. They are a common site at a the gym and are getting to be the norm.

6. Nick.haley macrumors member

Nick.haley

Thanks for replying... when you say fall out, is it manageable with some adjustment or just very bothersome (falling out constantly). I'm comparing this to often running with Apple's own white iPhone headphones which often get tugged and I re-adjust through the run.

Much appreciated! :D

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

See this thread
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1854495

8. Nick.haley macrumors member

Nick.haley