2GB of data in 3 days?

johnothy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Midwest
My Verizon billing cycle starts over on the 1st of each month. This is October 3rd and it says I've used 2 GB of data already on 4G??? I'm glad I still have unlimited data. I've watched a few shows on HBO Go but that's all I can think of that would've used that much data. I can't imagine being limited to 2 GB. It obviously would not be enough with 4G LTE.

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
My Verizon billing cycle starts over on the 1st of each month. This is October 3rd and it says I've used 2 GB of data already on 4G??? I'm glad I still have unlimited data. I've watched a few shows on HBO Go but that's all I can think of that would've used that much data. I can't imagine being limited to 2 GB. It obviously would not be enough with 4G LTE.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/01/iphone-5-data-apple-verizon-fix-bug-overages_n_1930180.html

johnothy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Midwest
I watched video on 3G as well and don't recall ever using so much data this fast. My point is that how does Verizon think offering 2GB of data for $30 is reasonable when it used to be $30 for unlimited data.

I did the bug fix software update on Monday.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
....My point is that how does Verizon think offering 2GB of data for $30 is reasonable when it used to be $30 for unlimited data. .../QUOTE]

Sorry, but I am guessing they are many people on the floor laughing over that comment.

Why do they do it? Cause they can.

johnothy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Midwest
....My point is that how does Verizon think offering 2GB of data for $30 is reasonable when it used to be $30 for unlimited data. .../QUOTE]

Sorry, but I am guessing they are many people on the floor laughing over that comment.

Why do they do it? Cause they can.
Well true. No wonder they act like keeping unlimited data is gold. They want everyone to pay big overages and get 4G.

richmds

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
Watching a couple HBO mobile shows shouldnt hit 2GB in a couple days, adult movies on the other hand...

Actually video streaming or Facetime should eat up data fairly quickly.

johnothy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Midwest
A typical hour video on Netflix is about half a GB. So it depends how long the videos were.
Two one hour shows at the most on HBO Go and maybe a couple short youtube videos. Maybe its not right on the My Verizon app, but I was shocked to see it said I'd used that already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.