iPad 2GB of Others on BRAND NEW IPAD AIR?!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by emmalu99, Nov 13, 2013.

1. emmalu99 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I'm quite new to MacRumors so please excuse any mistakes I make ;(.

However, I am very concerned about the storage on my new iPad air...
    I had us recently returned my 16Gb for a new 32GB storage version but when I opened the storage viewer, it showed me that I only had 26 GB left when the iPad has like NOTHING on it...

Many people would say that it's the system but I counted up all the storage listed and it only added up to 100mb however the viewer shows I have used around 2 GB already. This happened to my preview 16GB too....

Plugged into itunes and 2GB of others showed up... what's going on?!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

3. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

I think that the reason it says 26 GB IS the system. However, the 2 GB of other can be fixed by restoring your device from iTunes.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yes, I had to restore several times because I couldn't believe it. In my case, I had to delete the iPod photo cache folder and resync. In researching this problem I found a multitude of reasons for "other". I even had a little right after a restore. I guess Apple in hoping no one will notice?

5. emmalu99 thread starter macrumors newbie

huh... that sucks to hear :( considering I would be happy even if I had just 28 or 29 Gb instead of the 26...

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Yes, this has been discussed often over the past few weeks, right here. Scroll down.

Not unline other mac products, and windows computers, or iphones. Operating systems stuff.

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

About 3gbs will be system.

However do you really have nothing in it. No contacts, no downloaded apps, no email.

I'm guessing you might have email in which case all the contacts from it and the messages might be up to another 2gb. Especially if you have gmail which is notorious for dumping your whole archive into a device if you don't go into the settings on the web and tell it not to.

That said, I'm a big supporter of the idea of a plug in type system with iOS. Let us download keyboards, languages, Siri voices etc as we want them. Rather than stuffing up our devices