Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

missytoe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Hey,

New here. :D I'm wondering if I can get some help with my 2nd gen Ipod touch. Yesterday it suddenly stopped connecting to anything wifi. No settings were changed. The only thing I did was go to itunes for the first time in well, forever. lol! I always use it on my computer to go in itunes, not my ipod. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I could still get on Safari after that but I don't really remember. At some point in the evening it stopped connecting. I can't get on Safari, my mail won't refresh, it would connect to the app store, nothing. Sometimes a message does pop up saying there was a problem connecting to the server. I can't figure this out, internet on my computer is running perfectly fine. My ipod wifi is on, airplane mode off. When I go into my settings it shows my network and that it's connected. I haven't connected it or synced it to the new itunes. I actually haven't downloaded the update yet. Ipod is up to date though without the new sync. Can anyone help me out? I'm very confused.

I am planning on buying the new 5th gen 64g. When ever that comes out! lol! I've been waiting almost 5yrs for a new touch like this new one. I love my ipod and I plan on keeping it to use the 8g just for music. I rather would have pre-ordered the new one online to guarantee getting it, but for some stupid reason the Canadian website doesn't accept Apple gift cards. What a crock! So, like many other I have to wait for the announcement of when it will be in stores so I can cart my butt over to buy one. Hopefully I'm not working, I have a feeling they may go quickly. I'm also hoping it will be soon. I feel like they're messing with our heads!

Anyway, any help with my wifi issue is greatly appreciated. :)

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I had a similar issue including the same server error message. I fixed it by assigning a static IP address in the WiFi settings on the iPod touch. Of note, I had a Linksys WRT54G router at the time. After I replaced the router, I no longer needed a static IP address.

missytoe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Thank you!! I reset my router and it fixed the problem. Thankfully! I was concerned!

Quick question if anyone else reads this thread. I don't really want to start a new one. :) I have not updated my itunes to the 10.7 yet. I am getting the new touch when it comes out. Will I have problems syncing my 2nd gen with the new itunes and/or ios 6? I am still planning to use my 2nd gen 8g for music only, while I use my (eventual) new 64g for apps, music, pics, etc. Will it be an issue having the two and syncing both? I'm a bit worried that it will effect my 2gen being that it's almost 5yrs old and runs on a different system.

Thanks in advance and thanks again for helping with my wifi issues. I use my ipod for everything and would be lost if it didn't work properly. :)

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
I wouldn't think iTunes 10.7 would bother the iPod touch 2 seeing as the iPod (2001) still works in iTunes if that's what your asking. My iPod touch 4 works fine with iTunes 10.7 same with my iPhone 3GS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.