2TB of storage, 300MBps transfer - looks promising

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by leez, Jan 8, 2009.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

why would they? as it stands, they can sell you a new iphone every 6-12 months when they up the capacity.

2. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Yikes! What's the catch? How many of those could you fit in a laptop? :p

As mcdj said - it's hard to see Apple using them (in the iPhones/iPods) any time soon - unless the competition do so first. 'Running out of capacity' is one of the ways they induce users to upgrade.

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Wow.. that is huge, no pun intended. The real question is, how many cameras or video cameras use the windows exFAT file system? I don't know hence the reason I am asking.

I am also wondering if this size will make it's way to the other card formats IE compact flash etc.....

I can see it now... a card reader with say 10 slots and a usb/firewire/eSata connection. Your own 20tb media backup the size of coke can or even smaller. WOW....... I doubt someone will do this but man that would be great.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What part of "theoretical maximum capacity" is getting you guys excited? I know what THAT means...

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

We are dreaming! :)

6. leez thread starter macrumors regular

leez

Well, they're inventing something, companies are taking advantages of that. How simple is that ? So maybe 3-5 years we'll see mobiles with 2TB storages.