2XL Trophylite Rally HD Just Released - looks pretty cool

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by bunger, Jun 10, 2010.

1. bunger macrumors 6502

2. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

Yes, it does. I liked the 4x4 they released months ago. 2xl does a nice job with there games.

3. Blinded macrumors 6502

This game gets a definite thumbs up. I bought it earlier today, I'm really enjoying playing it. Awesome graphics and the controls are nice and smooth. My wife keeps giving me the stink eye as she walks by because I guess I've been playing with the iPad too long. Oh well, good game.

4. bunger thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you have any other racing games that you can compare it to?

5. Blinded macrumors 6502

Yes sir, I'd say it's somewhat comparable to Real Racing. I haven't purchased any other racing games for the iPad outside of Real Racing, so unfortunately I don't have any experience with the other ones available. Real Racing has been a favorite of mine on the iPhone for quite some time, and I think it's even better on the iPad. Seeing the Youtube link in this thread was the deciding factor for me to buy this game. After playing yesterday and today, I'd say this is one of my favorites also. The graphics are really, really nice. The controls are nice and smooth. Steering, accelerating and braking all flow really well, there isn't any choppiness or jerking. I like how it feels like you're drifting when you hit a sweeper at speed, lends a bit of realism to the controls. I like the track layouts, how your co-pilot calls out the turns in advance so you can set up your positioning. The game also gives you a progress bar up top so you know where you're at in relations to finishing the lap you're on. I think my wife is agitated with me again, she just fell asleep on the couch waiting for me to put the iPad down again. Oh well, good game.