Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I've updated to 3.1.2 using the pawnage tool to save baseband, however the AT&T logo is messed up. I see the 3G icon and the bar. The AT&T logo is missing.

I've tried to install the benm carrier file and the AT&T logo is back, however when I insert Tmobile chip, It still shows AT&T and when calling customer support, It connects to tmobile. So it seems the carrier file displays AT&T regardless.

This was not the case when I was on 3.0. Can someone help? :confused:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I've updated to 3.1.2 using the pawnage tool to save baseband, however the AT&T logo is messed up. I see the 3G icon and the bar. The AT&T logo is missing.

I've tried to install the benm carrier file and the AT&T logo is back, however when I insert Tmobile chip, It still shows AT&T and when calling customer support, It connects to tmobile. So it seems the carrier file displays AT&T regardless.

This was not the case when I was on 3.0. Can someone help? :confused:

Known bug with older baseband and new firmware.

There is a .plist hack to put your carrier logo (not text, for text only use MakeItMine) back. There is a thread here on how to do it or Google, it's posted all over the Internet

or

you can update to new baseband if you don't care about unlocking (which probably isn't an option since I see you mention T-Mobile sim) and re-JB, then it will be back.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Known bug with older baseband and new firmware.

There is a .plist hack to put your carrier logo (not text, for text only use MakeItMine) back. There is a thread here on how to do it or Google, it's posted all over the Internet

or

you can update to new baseband if you don't care about unlocking (which probably isn't an option since I see you mention T-Mobile sim) and re-JB, then it will be back.

Good to know. I've used the benm tethering profile and that bring up the AT&T name correctly but when I use the T-mobile sim, it still shows AT&T. If its a documented bug then thats fine. Thanks for the replies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.