3.1.3 (7E18) with baseband 05.12.01 UNLOCKED - How to transfer firmware?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by goci, May 16, 2010.

1. goci macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I am kind of puzzled. Recently I noticed something strange about my iPhone 3G after having restored it. It is now running on the versions specified above, which as far as I googled, I couldn't find an unlock software.

I know that my current service provider requires the phone to be unlocked in order to work with it. Strangely enough it is working and, as I have a locked iPhone of a friend of mine, would like to know how to transfer (or extract) the firmware in order to transfer it to the locked one.

Any help?

2. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Well first...

You shouldn't post the same problem is 3 places.

Second, if you really do have an unlocked 05.12.01 baseband you are unique among iphone users (outside of factory unlocked phones) , and to achieve this by accident?..; i am somewhat doubting this.
    I'm afraid i have never heard of a way of restoring an iphone to a mirrored state of another.

3. goci thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok... here goes a link to a clip of it. I tried to keep this as brief as possible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxBOrgLcl8k

As can be seen,
    1. Using non-Vodafone provide (This provider [go mobile] does not offer iPhone related sales/services). (...I guess it is unlocked)
    2. Not jailbroken yet.

iPhone bought in Jan 2008. Haven't ever tampered with its hardware. Personally I'm kind of curious too.

Any suggestions I'd like to make a replica of the firmware.

4. megamanbnmaster macrumors 6502

Every firmware for all of the same type of iPhone is the same. There is no difference between a Japanese iPhone 3GS to a HK (Factory Unlocked) iPhone 3GS to AT&T iPhone 3GS. The difference is in the hardware. The radio needs to be flashed to support unlocks. To flash it, u'll need to take it apart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dxM3ADO30M

Here's a video of how to unlock a phone through flash.

5. goci thread starter macrumors newbie

So does this mean my iPhone is factory unlocked, and thus don't have to worry about having my iPhone locked when I upgrade Apple firmware?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.

7. goci thread starter macrumors newbie