3.1.3 to 3.1.3 restore failed, from phone reset now stuck on apple logo?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Super Intendo, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Super Intendo macrumors regular

I tried to restore my 3Gs. It was jailbroken on 3.1.3. The restore failed. I tried using tiny umbrella and RecBoot and it still said i could only restore and upgrade, so i decided after trying that a bunch of times to just do the manual reset from within the settings on the phone. It was on the apple logo with the spinnging thing for like an hour, and now its just stuck on the apple logo. I put it into DFU and tried exiting DFU (like i did earlier) using recboot but now it just wont leave the apple logo. If anyone can help me i would really appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you dont have SHSH's saved locally or on cydias server all you can do is restore to 4.0.1

3. Super Intendo thread starter macrumors regular

I have 3.1.3 on the server.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Did you point iTunes towards Cydia's server?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Ok, did you edit your hosts file to redirect to cydias server for the check before it lets you restore?
    Mac or windows?

6. Super Intendo thread starter macrumors regular

Mac. Here's what i do: its stuck on the apple logo, has been for hours, sometimes the spinning thing comes up, sometimes the screen resets, but either way it never leaves the apple logo, itunes wont recognize it unless i put it in DFU, so i put it in DFU, option click restore, select the 3.1.3 ispw and run tiny umbrella telling it to 'start TSS server' but i still get the error that i cant restore.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

8. Super Intendo thread starter macrumors regular

THANK YOU! :D its restoring now!

9. big samm macrumors 65816

wow thank you apple juice it worked flawlessly !!! Now i got a question... my iphone is save on saurik's server for 3.1.3 and 4.0.... i never used 4.0 or 4.0.1 before and i would like to try it... can i update to 4.01 and then go back to 3.1.3?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Do you have a 3GS model currently on 3.1.3 and what is it JB with?
    You want to go up to 4.0 JB and unlocked or just 4.0 official.
    And yes, You can downgrade your iphone at any time to 3.1.3 since you have shsh's saved for that built.

11. big samm macrumors 65816

i have a 3gs running on 3.1.3 sorry for not saying it before... jailbreak with spirit...yes i just wanna try 4.0 i don't wanna unlock or jailbreak since 3gs can"t be jailbreak on 4.0... if i don't like it i will go back to the good old 3.1.3... is that possible for me? thanks in advance!

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you can update officially to the latest 4.0.1 and then at any time go back down to 3.1.3 using your SHSH's you have on cydia to restore to that and then JB again with spirit.
    Just make sure you do have 3.1.3 saved:)

13. big samm macrumors 65816

14. mjz147 macrumors regular

I am in the exact same situation and I have windows. I am a complete noob when it comes to iPhones so if someone could help me get it working again that would be awesome.

I was restoring it to sell it, so I don't mind if it gets updated and loses JB, or if it goes back to 3.1.3 its fine, just as long as it works.

Any help is appreciated

15. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

can't he do a custom 4.0? that way he can keep 4.0?

I did that with my wifes iphone 3gs.

I used pwnage tool 4.1 (the latest one-whatever that one is) to create the custom ipsw and now she is jailbroken/unlocked on 4.0.

:D

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What are you trying to do? Restore it to the latest firmware?

Yes you can only if it has the old bootrom though. Not 3GS models with the new one.

17. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

oh, that's right. :D Thanks for clearing that up...i forgot.