Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Oh jueesus, I'm seriously wanting someone to annihilate these fricking psycho Muslim fanatics. This is getting lame, immature, ridiculous and any other appropriate adjective to describe what their suicidal morons believe in. How long will these nations tolerate these muslim freaks killing their people? I saw that the Phillpeans just launched air strikes on some al-quaeda related terrorists.

Let's do that. Let's find out where they all camp, train, plan, sleep and eat and just fricking bomb them all before they can kill anymore innocent people.

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
Originally posted by Kid Red
Oh jueesus, I'm seriously wanting someone to annihilate these fricking psycho Muslim fanatics. This is getting lame, immature, ridiculous and any other appropriate adjective to describe what their suicidal morons believe in. How long will these nations tolerate these muslim freaks killing their people? I saw that the Phillpeans just launched air strikes on some al-quaeda related terrorists.

Let's do that. Let's find out where they all camp, train, plan, sleep and eat and just fricking bomb them all before they can kill anymore innocent people.

I think a lot of countries have a problems with fantaics of all kinds. the fact that they are muslim is really beside the point. A number of these terrorists are pretty secular people who hate the US for reasons that have nothing to do with religion.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
And of course we have our own zealots and fanatics. But it is sad to see people willing to go to such extremes - something we haven't seen all that much of compared to the Middle East.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to walk around my home town and have to constantly wonder if *that* guy over there in the trench coat is a suicide bomber....:(

D

billyboy

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2003
In my head
Originally posted by Kid Red

Dont sound so afraid, mate. Knee jerk reactions to what al Qaeda can and cant do, think and dont think ends up in the sort of measures you list, and ultimately solve almost nothing, apart from the death of thousands of innocent Afghans as related to terrorism as you.

Look at the situation in the world in the cold light of day, ie try to step outide the US, take a look around at what al Qaeda members see, then come up with a suitable plan. It would be a lot different to your suggestion.

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
I think people focus way too much on the negative side of this story. There are big positives.

1. They were caught and arrested.
2. It was in Saudi Arabia

It's been said that much of the islamic fundamentalism is funded by the Saudi royal family and now I think they are realizing it's biting them in the @$$. They can no longer sit back and say "well...um... it's not our problem" because it's everyone's problem.

People also need to realize that terrorism wasn't invented 5 years ago, it's been around for centuries. This kind of stuff has been going on for many years and the US and other nations have done nothing about it. Now we are. I would much rather see a story about terrorists being caught than terrorists succeeding.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by NavyIntel007
People also need to realize that terrorism wasn't invented 5 years ago, it's been around for centuries. This kind of stuff has been going on for many years and the US and other nations have done nothing about it. Now we are. I would much rather see a story about terrorists being caught than terrorists succeeding.

I'd say terrorism has gone back almost time the beginning of human history, not just a couple hundred years.

But I agree that stories about them getting caught are much better than ones about their success.

D

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
Also, if I sound desensitized, I'm sorry but the amount of people "successful" terrorists take out aren't exactly yeilding as many people as they used to. That either means that they are giving up or law enforcement is preventing them.

The funny thing is that terrorists don't realize that their system is not working. Terrorists want to destroy Israel and kill all of the Jews. So far all they've done is piss off israelis. They're still there and will always be there. They want to destroy the US, western culture and murder the "infidels." Well that's not successful at all because we're still all doing our thing.

What it does is harm the people who want nothing to do with terrorism. They are doing serious damage to Muslim economies. Think of the monitary loss that will take place in Casablanca. Many countries in the Muslim world are beautiful but many people don't want to take the risk. I told my canadian girlfriend that I had heard Bahrain is a beautiful country.... she told me to forget about going there.

They should learn from the French... they can hate the US all they want, but they love making money off of us.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
In the end it is all truly about money and power. I think that there are alot more successes in the war on terrrorism than we are aware of currently. For the sake of intelligence gathering thay can't divulge everything.

Saudi Arabia is in a real difficult situation. There is alot of terrorist inside that country. The Royal Family want to stay in power, so they have been supporting terrorist and looking the other way. But with that bombing last week targeting Saudi's also they will have to make a decison soon. The may either continue to support terror or loose power. A Middle East expert said that he didn't think the Saudi Family would choose to fight terrorism and they realize that their power is waning!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.