Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shrek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee USA
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/south/03/01/pakistan.arrests/index.html

Top al Qaeda operative caught in Pakistan

Saturday, March 1, 2003 Posted: 2:58 PM EST (1958 GMT)

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- The man linked by authorities to several al Qaeda terrorist attack in the last 10 years -- including the September 11, 2001 attacks -- was among three suspected al Qaeda operatives arrested Saturday in Pakistan, coalition intelligence forces confirmed to CNN.

Pakistani intelligence sources told CNN that they had been closing in on Khalid Shaikh Mohammed for several days, before the Pakistani security forces and FBI agents arrested him in a raid on a house in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, about 9 miles (15 km) from Islamabad.

Mohammed, a Kuwaiti national, was indicted in 1996 in the Southern District of New York for his alleged involvement in a Philippines-based plot to blow up 12 U.S.-bound commercial airliners in one day, according to the FBI. That indictment landed him on the FBI's list of 22 Most Wanted Terrorists, issued in October 2001.

Investigators and other sources have also linked Mohammed to the bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998.

Sources told CNN last year that Mohammed was one of three people who knew the details of the September 11 attacks and was with bin Laden when the al Qaeda leader was informed of the attacks' success.

Last April, German investigators linked Mohammed to the truck bombing of a synagogue in Tunisia. They said that three hours before the deadly bombing, the suspected suicide bomber telephoned Mohammed.

Authorities had hoped to find Mohammed during a raid in Pakistan last September 11, when another key al Qaeda suspect, Ramzi Binalshibh, was arrested.

One U.S. official has called Mohammed the Forrest Gump of al Qaeda because of all the attacks to which he's connected. Gump was a movie character who found himself at the center of many key moments in modern U.S. history.

Mohammed graduated in 1986 from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University in Greensboro, with a degree in mechanical engineering.

Oh goody!

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Hang em by his raisens! Now if they can just get the #1 guy

Attachments

• bin .jpg
    bin .jpg
    25 KB · Views: 267

macfan

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2003
The Forrest Gump of Al Qeada? LOL! Life is like a box of chocolates!

Good show. This tends to indicate that cooperation is on going with our friends and associates in the war on terrorism. Maybe he knows where Osama is (if he's even alive at all).

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
I'm glad that they have arrested this man. It's too bad that they haven't arrested Osama yet.

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
1 more down

Is anyone suprised that he was arrested in Pakistan? At least Al Qaeda is contained in that part of the world for now. I hope we will see the arrest of Usama bin Laden soon as well.

Or is that not possible because he is CGI video created by the CIA?

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
as you can see in this lovely picture courtesy of cnn.com, he is having his ass handed to him.

iJon

Attachments

• top.ksmohammed.ap.jpg
    top.ksmohammed.ap.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 199

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Originally posted by iJon
as you can see in this lovely picture courtesy of cnn.com, he is having his ass handed to him.

iJon
You dog ijon, iwas just going to post this coward of a man, in fact not even a man and you beat me too it. Lets hope he gets what he has delivered and to think this guy came lived and went to school and graduated in north carolina. Sad Sad example of a human and Saddam is in the same category. The sooner the world gets rid of these loosers the sooner the world will be a happier and peaceful place.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
You dog ijon, iwas just going to post this coward of a man, in fact not even a man and you beat me too it. Lets hope he gets what he has delivered and to think this guy came lived and went to school and graduated in north carolina. Sad Sad example of a human and Saddam is in the same category. The sooner the world gets rid of these loosers the sooner the world will be a happier and peaceful place.
if it makes you feel better repost the picture. i am still laughing everytime i look at it.

iJon

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Originally posted by MrMacman
What, WHAT?!

We are tracking down terriosts?

I thought we stoped that and were on 100% Pure iraq mode.

Wow I can't believe we GOT a person.

Wow, the level of cynicism on these boards is amazing.

I'm glad they arrested him. Shame it was not with a Hellfire equipped Predator.. :p :D

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
ijon, here is the killer. They should let all the families of people he has killed take care of him after they are done.

Attachments

• big looser.jpg
    big looser.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 171

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
ijon, here is the killer. They should let all the families of people he has killed take care of him after they are done.
He sure wouldn't last long, if they did that. :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Ha, he's obviously seen better days....but you'd imagine a man on the run to be a little less over weight, no?

Any way, the new article

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/south/03/03/pakistan.arrests/index.html

has some interesting info - especially the fact that they 'are using "all appropriate pressure" to extract information from the al Qaeda operations chief'

Ha, I'd love to know what they're using exactly. :D

I hope he spills the beans and we can round up all of them.

D

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Originally posted by dukestreet

Ha, I'd love to know what they're using exactly. :D

I hope he spills the beans and we can round up all of them.

D

I'm guess Chinese water torture... There's nothing more horrible than that constant drip of water falling onto your forehead :D

Hard to believe

This bag of SHIITE is just 37 years old. Looks like they pulled him out of bed. No wonder he wears a turban! I'm guessing that was the best night sleep he's going to have in a while...

Get what they can out of him and release him into the general prison population. Even if he has no connection to Saddam, he'll know sodom soon enough...:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.