3 Cows. 2 Goats. 10 Chickens. It's the London 2012 Opening Ceremony Extravaganza.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Brits do it best. Not to be outdone by the Chinese Olympic ceremony, we're spending over 27 million on nailing it.

We got grass and a few animals. We aren't stopping there. We're going to make water fall on the grass too, for a bit.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited already.

If you thought the excitement wasn't too much already - remember those animals were going to have. Well they're actually going to eat some of the grass.

See you there.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18424058

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Brits do it best. Not to be outdone by the Chinese Olympic ceremony, we're spending over 27 million on nailing it.

We got grass and a few animals. We aren't stopping there. We're going to make water fall on the grass too, for a bit.
Not just any old water. But real rain from clouds hanging over the stadium. I think this is the first time someone wanted it to rain during a ceremony ;)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Underwheming to say the least....London is going to be a good place to avoid until the olympics conclude.

Here in Wales, they get the Woman's football tournament, and that's it...I'm neutral as I am an ex-pat, but seems to me they could have ported more events to other parts of the UK. The Welsh also built a state of the art mountain bike track, only to have the OC decide that that event too would be held in London.

I will watch some of it on TV...But the hype? Not for me.

jeremy h

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
UK
Yes, it'll be just in time for a new foot and mouth outbreak, we can have lots of keep out signs around the stadium...

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
So this is what the Millennium Exhibition design committee did next. Now we know.

neilg

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2002
uk

I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited already.

If you thought the excitement wasn't too much already - remember those animals were going to have. Well they're actually going to eat some of the grass.

See you there.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18424058

Ah well, you certainly got the British disease of 'Sarcasm' down pat...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.