3 Cows. 2 Goats. 10 Chickens. It's the London 2012 Opening Ceremony Extravaganza.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by niuniu, Jun 13, 2012.

1. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Brits do it best. Not to be outdone by the Chinese Olympic ceremony, we're spending over 27 million on nailing it.

We got grass and a few animals. We aren't stopping there. We're going to make water fall on the grass too, for a bit.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited already.

If you thought the excitement wasn't too much already - remember those animals were going to have. Well they're actually going to eat some of the grass.

See you there.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18424058
    [​IMG]

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

And the Squad of Poo- Picker uppers.... :p :rolleyes:

4. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Not just any old water. But real rain from clouds hanging over the stadium. I think this is the first time someone wanted it to rain during a ceremony ;)

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Underwheming to say the least....London is going to be a good place to avoid until the olympics conclude.

Here in Wales, they get the Woman's football tournament, and that's it...I'm neutral as I am an ex-pat, but seems to me they could have ported more events to other parts of the UK. The Welsh also built a state of the art mountain bike track, only to have the OC decide that that event too would be held in London.

I will watch some of it on TV...But the hype? Not for me.

6. jeremy h macrumors 6502

Yes, it'll be just in time for a new foot and mouth outbreak, we can have lots of keep out signs around the stadium...

7. Queso macrumors G4

So this is what the Millennium Exhibition design committee did next. Now we know.

8. neilg macrumors member

Ah well, you certainly got the British disease of 'Sarcasm' down pat...