Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eaglefox12

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Basically, if you have problem, go to apple store...

First Iphone5, I had battery issues, rattle noise... they gave me a new iphone5 yesterday...
Second Iphone5... no rattle noise, good battery... but slightly elevated white front.... again made an appointment today... and they gave me another new one...
Third Iphone5... so far so good... everything works great.. no scratches (touchwood) :)...

they're all prepared for these exchanges... the genius guy was like... "it's a first run, so they are going to have issues"... so don't hesitate to talk to them... btw.. this time they took a little time (about 10 minutes) to come out with my replacement... the first time was real quick... ran a test on their mac... and gave me the replacement...

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
slightly elevated white front?

excuse me but what the hell is that? and the rattle noise? everyone has that, doesnt mean the phone doesnt work.

do you feel good about going thru 3 when some cant even get 1??
people are so picky...smdh

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
I can understand returning for battery problems. But what is a elevated white front? :confused:

srcstc

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
I replaced mine yesterday for the horizontal lines and just discovered the new one has the rattle instead. :rolleyes:

yoshimeow

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
excuse me but what the hell is that? and the rattle noise? everyone has that, doesnt mean the phone doesnt work.

I had a rattle turned out the phone was MISSING a PART inside!!!!!!

People are so quick to judge and think they know it all.

Last edited:

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
Basically, if you have problem, go to apple store...

First Iphone5, I had battery issues, rattle noise... they gave me a new iphone5 yesterday...
Second Iphone5... no rattle noise, good battery... but slightly elevated white front.... again made an appointment today... and they gave me another new one...
Third Iphone5... so far so good... everything works great.. no scratches (touchwood) :)...

they're all prepared for these exchanges... the genius guy was like... "it's a first run, so they are going to have issues"... so don't hesitate to talk to them... btw.. this time they took a little time (about 10 minutes) to come out with my replacement... the first time was real quick... ran a test on their mac... and gave me the replacement...

I think the better question is, "What did we all learn from this post?"

rican

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Party in the USA

Errr - wrong! Not everyone has a rattle noise. Mine doesn't and if it did I would return it too...

eaglefox12

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
I can understand returning for battery problems. But what is a elevated white front? :confused:

To answer your question... it was the top right part near power button... the white part was sticking out... so like the other post said, it would not sit flat out face down... I tried to push back in... but the genius said it was a manufacturing defect... he tried to open it and fix it... he couldn't...

Some people will never be satisfied.
I respect your comment but when people pay a lot of their hard-earned money, they deserve a lot better than a faulty product, especially their own rep admit it.

Smh... anways... just so everyone here knows... if you tap it and it makes that rattle noise... that is normal...
but if you shake it lightly... and you hear the noise... as the genius there said... and I quote "it's the power button that's loose"...

also m not here to brag... but I have gone through a lot of forums here and people have problems like mine... it's for their information... and not for people like you who just TROLL... again smh

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
and the rattle noise? everyone has that, doesnt mean the phone doesnt work.

Mine doesn't rattle at all. What are you talking about everyone has that? Sorry to say, but that's not what it's supposed to do. I would absolutely take mine back if it rattled. It means something is not quite right inside...

I think you did the right thing, OP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.