Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Hi guys,

I am currently waiting the next refresh of the iMac line to finally get my first Mac computer. I've been waiting for this moment for a few years and it's finally happening soon!

But, I have 3 questions for you guys, if you have 2 minutes to help me with these.

First, if you have an app that has an update in the Mac App Store, will it download the full app or only the code that changed (Delta update)?

Next, if you are downloading an app from the Mac App Store, is it possible to pause the download and resume it later?

Finally, should I get the Magic Trackpad or the Magic Mouse? What do you guys prefer and why?

Thanks guys for your help!

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
First, if you have an app that has an update in the Mac App Store, will it download the full app or only the code that changed (Delta update)?
That depends on the app and the way the developer elects to provide updates.

Next, if you are downloading an app from the Mac App Store, is it possible to pause the download and resume it later?
Yes.

Finally, should I get the Magic Trackpad or the Magic Mouse? What do you guys prefer and why?
I use neither. I prefer my Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX™
attachment.php

jj48

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
UK
Yes you can pause a download, and I have both trackpad and mouse. Trackpad is best for general usage (internet surfing etc.), while I find that I need a mouse for spreadsheet work.

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
I like the Magic mouse because i'm so used to it. I might like a Magic trackpad on a iMac, but not a MacBook. They're both pretty cool.:apple:

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
not sure about others but to me, i recently switched to mac. and found magicmouse is a very very badly designed product. i used it for 2 days and now its collecting dust.

george-brooks

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
1. to be honest, i'm not sure. Like someone else said, I think it depends on the app.

2. Yes, you can pause and resume app store downloads.

3. I own both the magic mouse AND magic trackpad. While I really like both product a LOT, if I had to choose one I would take the trackpad because of how much simpler the user experience is with more multi-touch gestures. However, if you prefer a more typical mouse, the magic mouse is really a good choice. It has a much different feel than any other mouse, but once you get used to it its tough to go back!!

----------

And many, many people (myself included) disagree with you.

Indeed!! When the magic mouse was first released it took me a few days to get used to the feel and design of it. From pictures and my first hands on experience with it I hated it. Now, like I said above, I'll never go back!

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
And many, many people (myself included) disagree with you.

yes, it was my personal opinion. i just couldnt make it work to my liking, probably because i am used to mibble click and swiping isnt comfortable. i am sold to apple now but i honestly believe apples tracking with magicmouse or any other mouse isnt as accurate as windows. i wonder why. otherwise (and skype video problems), my mbp is like a dream!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.