3 UK - return iphone4s with problem for new one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Varoudis, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Varoudis macrumors member

Anyone has experience with 3 UK?

I get the 4s the first day from a store. what happens with the replacement??
    Apple store told me to go to them.

Experiences?

Thanks

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

You haven't said what the problem is. I find it surprising that the Apple store wouldn't help you unless whatever problem you seem to be having is not covered under the warranty.

3. Varoudis thread starter macrumors member

No, they said that if you buy the phone from 3 you need to go to them for whatever problem!!

Is this true?

my problem is vibrator (apart form the battery which... lets say the update will "fix" as they did last year :p ).

4. zign macrumors 6502

zign

Got mine from Vidafone. The vibrator motor produced some really weird and loud noise. Took it to the apple store, they admitted that the phone was faulty and gave me a new one right away.

Maybe the genius you was was having a bad day? I would go back. Also, to make it easier to demonstrate the issue I created a custom alert, which would vibrate non-stop for 15 seconds or so.

5. DryEyez macrumors 6502

I am on 3 UK, generally they have amazing prices but crap cs. I would go to apple, you have a warranty with them, they will fix/replace it.

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

Your warranty is with Apple. If the phone has a genuine fault or defect they will replace it on the spot. You don't specify exactly what is wrong with the vibrate function. The chances are its something that Apple will replace the phone under warranty for.

7. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

I've been with O2 and Vodafone, whenever I had an issue with the phone I took it to Apple and they replaced the phone. If you take it to 3 they will only send it to Apple, leaving you phoneless for two weeks.

8. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Three have truly shocking customer services so I wouldn't even try

I think the person you spoke to at apple got it wrong

I've always had no issues with contract iPhones getting fixed.

9. Pheo macrumors regular

I'm surprised Apple wouldn't help but technically the contract is with Three UK, so Apple could send the person back to the store.

I'd book another genius bar appointment and have another go.

10. Varoudis thread starter macrumors member

You are right

I did see a genius just a sales girl (probably her first week there hehe)

Cool thnx

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

There shouldn't be any issue with Apple replacing iPhones bought through other retailers or the networks under the warranty. I've bought a couple of my previous iPhones through O2 and had to have them replaced. Apple was more then happy to do it. All I had to do was make an appointment with the Genius Bar.