3 UK -- Unlimited internet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MorganJones, Oct 2, 2013.

1. MorganJones macrumors member

Hey guys, my 5S should arrive on friday, in the meantime i have bought a sim only plan from 3. I seem to understand that when they say 'unlimited data' they actually mean unlimited, as opposed to a cap of 3GB like other providers. Wondering if any of you are on a 3 unlimited plan, and if you could confirm this?

Cheers,
    Morgan

2. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

Hello, On the £12.90 Three plan
    Last few months I used around
    July 34gb
    August 23gb
    September 45gb
    Not even one word from three.

3. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I have the "all you can eat" unlimited data from 3 and I can confirm that it is unlimited, or as 3 say on their website, roughly 1000gb a month limit, but you would need to be using data every second of every day to even come close to that.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Like the post 2up I chew through data. No cap. No fuss. No complaints

5. rekhyt macrumors 65816

How do you track your monthly data usage? Is it on their website?

6. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I use an app called DataMan to track mine, looks good, very minimalistic.

7. DannyDrama macrumors regular

What is the signal like for you guys? I know it varies but a general feel? I'm on O2 now and can't believe the poor signal. My gs3 got it everywhere so I was pretty amazed the iphone is so poor.

8. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

Are you on Pay monthly? Just check your bills at the end of each month.

9. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

My signal is fine to be honest, 3G can lag sometimes but think that's just 3G speeds. 3 don't get 4g until December in my area which 3 will be rolling out free to everyone.

10. DannyDrama macrumors regular

Thanks. I think it will be a while after that in my area.

11. scottish macrumors 6502a

"free" yet the the 5s 64GB contract price is about £250 more than the 5 last year!

Can't knock the one plan sim only deal (which has actually reduced in price recently). I will be signing up soon.

12. matttye macrumors 601

Check their coverage map to see if they support DC-HSPA in your area, which is almost as good as 4G a lot of the time anyway.

13. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Yes "free" compare the 500 plan with 3 to any of the EE 4G plans and you will know what I mean

14. MorganJones thread starter macrumors member

Thats the plan i just got, bloody hell, you're one heavy user. Can't wait for the free 4G next year when their coverage reaches Cardiff.

At least i don't need to worry anymore

15. scottish macrumors 6502a

Oh I know what you mean. Three are definitely doing things right on the 4G front - and they've been transparent about their plans. Perhaps putting free in "" wasn't fair.

Despite what I said about the on contract price increase, they are still very competitive compared to 5s plans on other networks (if you want to go down that route).

16. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

lol Its all that Neflix, itunes match,Sky Go, bbc iplayer all streamed on 3g.
    All adds up so quick.
    On three you really get to use your smartphone to the full.

17. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

How on earth do you manage to use that much?

Presumably you pay extra to enable tethering? Even then I'd assume downloading that amount would put a large strain on the modem in the phone and reduce lifespan?

Or are you using it in a dongle?

18. Rich74 macrumors regular

19. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

According to their website you can't tether on pay and go and on pay monthly you have to buy an addon for £4 a month

In the past without an addon it would work briefly but then get blocked when they detect you're tethering

http://support.three.co.uk/srvs/cgi-bin/webisapi.dll?command=new,kb=mobile,ts=mobile,t=article,varset_cat=internetapps,varset_subcat=3582,case=obj(3599),varset_username=Mobile:mobileUser

20. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

I'm on the Three OnePlan. The 3G is much faster at home than my old Broadband, before I upgraded to fibre, so I used to tether my iMac when I was doing things which needed quicker internet, like downloading from iTunes.

I also used it a lot for uploading my backups to Crashplan. It wasn't unusual for me to upload 5gb in a day or download 10gb.

Never had any problem from Three about usage, and they don't even track it on your account.

The best mobile internet plan around, and I've always found the coverage pretty good. As I said earlier my 3G at home was much quicker than my old Broadband.