3 weeks to go...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by El3ctronics, Aug 28, 2012.

1. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

...who's ready!?

EDIT: well, 3 weeks and 3 days.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I'm actually more excited for 2 weeks and 1 day :)....the unknown is what is killing me!

3. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha fair enough...although I'm becoming more confident we already know most (if not all) of what's going to be announced. Hopefully Apple throws in a little surprise for us but we'll see.

Anyone else think that now is a good time to sell their current iPhones in anticipation?

4. StuartMoore macrumors regular

Mine is already gone!! :D

5. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

Mine is on ebay right now, lol. Anyone want my 4 vs the new 5? haha.

6. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

My 4 is now unlocked, so I'm going to hold on to it. What phone are you using in the meantime?

7. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

At first I thought the title said "Three weeks ago"... So I was thinking, "what could this be about?" lol

Agreed, I am waiting for the keynote.

Mine too, sold it on eBay. I am currently "renting" a Galaxy S3 for the next 3 weeks or so. $35 restocking fee is well worth selling my phone before the market gets flooded with both the 4 and the 4S.

ADDITIONAL: It will be interesting to see how much the value for the iPhone 4 drops when the new phone is announced/released

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That would be my issue...going without an iphone/smartphone for a few weeks. To me, I would rather take a $100 hit than be w/o my phone for 2+ weeks.

9. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

well my upgrade isn't up till June 2013, so i get to just sit back and watch all the commotion this year! lol only thing i'm keeping an eye on is iOS since i will get all that fun stuff on my 4s

I'm hoping by June next year there will be enough leaked parts for the next iPhone like there were this year that I will be able to decide if I want to wait till the fall release of the phone or not.

Honestly I think I may be going to an Android Phone anyways, but we will just have to see how next year goes.

I'm just a spectator this year!

10. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

I need to 'rent' a phone too for a couple weeks once mine sells, so what method did you use? Did you pay like full price somewhere and just going to return it?

11. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

If you sell your 4S for around $450 you could get the new model for less than it would be with a new contract. Up to you though.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

getting $450 for a 16gb 4S is few and far, but even if he gets $350 and does the subsidized upgrade (assuming att) he would still walk away paying right at $199 to upgrade

13. StuartMoore macrumors regular

I unlocked my 4, then sold it. Borrowed a mates old 3GS in the meantime.......

14. RenoG macrumors 65816

Sold my 4 a month ago, been using my old 3G that I keep strictly for this purpose. Its about time I upgrade my fall back phone though this 3g is a dog.

15. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

$450 is a stretch. I'd say $350 (even with eBay there are tons of fees) because unless its got AppleCare, the warranty will end soon (assuming phone was bought last year to early 2012)