3 years of owning a Macbook Pro - an Apple convert's take

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ostrykolesz, Aug 12, 2017.

1. ostrykolesz, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

ostrykolesz macrumors member

Well, it's been three years since I purchased my Macbook Pro. This has been my "cheapest" notebook that I have ever owned. Even after with the extended warranty that I have never used. The initial cost was expensive - yes. Once you take in to consideration that it has fallen on cement 10 times and not been broken, that I haven't had to reinstall the OS, that I didn't have to service it even once - my cost of ownership over 3 years has been the lowest ever. In fact my Macbook Pro is running as fast as on day one. Plus for the past 3 years I have been using a notebook with top tier components with nothing gimped. Honestly I am more impressed with Apple's computers than their phones. I am now an official cult member.

2. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

The cult is no more, or so I do believe.

Edit: I had quite a few macs, the only one failing on me was my 7 year old Powerbook G3 Pismo, but that was to be expected after I think 20.000 hours.

3. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

Build quality, longevity & post-purchase support are all underrated factors when it comes to making a decision on which laptop to purchase, and these are 3 areas where Apple truly shines.

4. Frankfurt macrumors 6502

Frankfurt

Got a Late 2008 MacBook 5.1. Never failed me. Upgraded the OS 8 (?) times without any issues. Upgraded RAM to 8G after a few years, changed the battery once, installed SSD to speed up things in the end. Only reason I replaced it with a 2017 MacBook Pro is for the screen and speed.
    I wish the MacBook Pro will last as long.