30-pin adapter...let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eff pc, Sep 13, 2012.

1. eff pc macrumors regular

So I just chatted with an Apple Store rep online and asked about compatibility for the 30-pin dock (since there is some confusion online about what the ipod out actually is). I asked if it would be compatible with my "Bose speakers w/ dock" and the connection in my car. I was given this reply...

"Right now, it looks like those converters are just for charging. We are working with Bose, JBL, B&W, B&O and others to get that working for you as soon as possible."

So let me get this straight Apple, you want me to pay $29 to use an old charger when I can get a new lightning USB cable (and don't have to deal with the bulky adapter) for $19. Where does that make any sense and it kind of makes the adapters pointless? I'm sure others have posted about this but I'd just like to share the answer i got from apple.

2. Kyrra macrumors member

3. aaronchow macrumors regular

So basically I have to add another $300 more when I switch to iPhone 5 because I also have to switch my stereo and car mount...

4. eff pc thread starter macrumors regular

I know it says that but some people have been saying that it could mean the car systems that use special connectors on the head unit side and not just a simple speaker dock where it just outputs the audio (no extracting playlists off the phone or anything)...